Lost my Glastonbury ticket. How can I still get in

Mistry

On route from Sweden, somehow managed to loose my Glastonbury ticket. Contacted seetickets who said they can't do anything saying it's the Glastonbury festival organisers policy not to reissue. Waited a year for this and one of the very few times I get to catch up with my friends. What are my options ? Is there anybody I can contact ? Anybody before tried and been successful ? Any constructive advice appreciated ... thanks in advance ! 

A long shot but if you find a a member of staff near the gates and say you have lost it on the way to the festival and you have come from Sweden then they might be able to take you to someone who can look your details up on the system in the security hut.  I have heard of people who have got in when tickets have been stolen on the way so can't see why the same method would be any different..

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Do you know where the ticket is? ie if its on the kitchen table at home and someone has access to your place you could get it couriered for next day delivery. Pricey but could be your only option at this stage. You would need to get on the blower to FedEx or whoever right now.

@CaledonianGonzo you are fucking shitting me?!

Yeah, trying to organise this back in Sweden. Hopefully should know by this evening. 

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

I don't understand why they can't replace tickets? These days the barcode can be scanned on tickets to ensure there's no double entry plus there's the added security of the photograph on the ticket. I've lost standard gig tickets and they've been able to facilitate a replacement fairly easily.

Exactly what I thought.This seems like the Ryan Air way of doing things ... 

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I don't understand why they can't replace tickets? These days the barcode can be scanned on tickets to ensure there's no double entry plus there's the added security of the photograph on the ticket. I've lost standard gig tickets and they've been able to facilitate a replacement fairly easily.

This, the barcode would work for pass outs too. 

There does exist a box office somewhere near PGA, outside the fence. I was directed there when it looked like my tickets wouldn't arrive in time. So although it's true that nobody gets in without a ticket, it's also true that tickets can be issued just outside in exceptional circumstances. Only issue is, I doubt they consider loss as exceptional  

I would, as a last resort, turn up on site at said box office with your passport and flight itinerary in hand, and hope against hope for a sympathetic ear. 

Edited by kalifire

Best of luck OP. I can't help really help. I'd just beg. I managed to get into a Cinematic Orchestra gig for free convinced that I'd bought a ticket and saying I'd come from out of town to get there. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Rumour reaches me of a friend of a friend who's travelled over from Australia only to twig that he didn't pay his balance on time.

Fucking hell!
My heart skipped a beat even though I know I have paid and know where my ticket is. 

Do you have to sign for tickets when they get posted to you? (mine went to my mates house so dont know). 

If not then it mightbeworth ribging and saying yours hasnt arrived yet and your worried itll not cone so close to the festival now. 

You might get a pass if your coming from Sweden? 

53 minutes ago, kalifire said:

There does exist a box office somewhere near PGA, outside the fence. I was directed there when it looked like my tickets wouldn't arrive in time. So although it's true that nobody gets in without a ticket, it's also true that tickets can be issued just outside in exceptional circumstances. Only issue is, I doubt they consider loss as exceptional  

I would, as a last resort, turn up on site at said box office with your passport and flight itinerary in hand, and hope against hope for a sympathetic ear. 

Yeah I had to go there when my wristband was cut off in my sleep that was a horrible few hours not knowing if they'd let me back in. Luckily I still had my ticket and after a few questions about who I'd bought tickets with etc they let me back in 

4 minutes ago, Filthy said:

Yeah I had to go there when my wristband was cut off in my sleep that was a horrible few hours not knowing if they'd let me back in. Luckily I still had my ticket and after a few questions about who I'd bought tickets with etc they let me back in 

Hmm ... sounds like a very very familiar story ;) 

• 2 weeks later...