On site observations

Matt42

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my experience, security seem to like to over search other workers anyway. I once got searched mid shift (working on a gate) as I went to the toilet off site. 

I'm sure I saw them searching people leaving to other compounds (outiside the main fence) once at 6am when I was returning from a heavy one...

Edited by barcelonista1899

I hope this increase in security doesn't effect the glastonbury spirit, I'm really worried of that happening. I fell in love with Glastonbury because it was self policing essentially, tolerant and just a nice place to be. I've always felt safe as houses when I'm there. These security guards and extra police best not ruin that with their heavy handedness, I think we're quite a different bunch to your other festivals or dodgy nightclub. 

Just now, mikegday said:

I hope this increase in security doesn't effect the glastonbury spirit, I'm really worried of that happening. I fell in love with Glastonbury because it was self policing essentially, tolerant and just a nice place to be. I've always felt safe as houses when I'm there. These security guards and extra police best not ruin that with their heavy handedness, I think we're quite a different bunch to your other festivals or dodgy nightclub. 

yeah i hope im not at south east corner at 3am and looking at a security person watch me

9 minutes ago, barcelonista1899 said:

In my experience, security seem to like to over search other workers anyway. I once got searched mid shift (working on a gate) as I went to the toilet off site. 

I'm sure I saw them searching people leaving to other compounds (outiside the main fence) once at 6am when I was returning from a heavy one...

Makes sense. Easier to track a photo ticketholder. 

9 minutes ago, barcelonista1899 said:

I was camped outside the gate in a workers campsite last year and got searched when leaving.

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

I don't understand why they can't replace tickets? These days the barcode can be scanned on tickets to ensure there's no double entry plus there's the added security of the photograph on the ticket. I've lost standard gig tickets and they've been able to facilitate a replacement fairly easily.

I don't think they have a live system on site for doing that. Not that they couldn't get one, but it'd need a reliable network.

As for searching crew - with something like Glastonbury if anything does happen they likely know it's more likely to be someone using a crew connection or such to get in rather than just buying a ticket as a punter and hoping to get one.

11 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Let's hope it's not a return of the Stuart Security days. Absolute scumbags them lot.

2 minutes ago, musky said:

Given that they're now illegal at music events getting caught with one wouldn't be a pleasant experience regardless of the current security climate.

I was amazed to see how many were being let off at Stone Roses at Wembley at the weekend.

Was praying to not hear stories like this of power hungry security. It's why I love Glasto so much. It's like nowhere else in the world. Nothing gets worse than the security at Reading and dread to see this go down a similar path. I know they're there for everyone's safety and I appreciate their role but there's no need to be a dick (most are genuinely nice, but it's the one idiot you experience who'll leave the lasting memory).

Glad to hear they were all nice today :) and hopefully all fully in the glasto spirit come Wednesday

1 hour ago, musky said:

Given that they're now illegal at music events getting caught with one wouldn't be a pleasant experience regardless of the current security climate.

Just wait for Everlong. Although its bound to be the acoustic version which will make the flare holder look a bit daft.

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Never understand why some security go out of their way to be twats, surely pissing everyone off makes their job harder.

Too many roids trying to bulk up at the gym most likely.