Arrival.

HughJass

Due to work commitments, we were going to travel on Friday morning. We are now thinking of leaving Thursday evening after work ( ETA 10pm.) my question is would we be able to access our pitch at that time?  We on the Blue East site (I think)  first time. We have a campervan. 

Thanks in Advance 

Hugh 

55 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes, you'll be able to get on site.

You don't have a specific pitch set aside - you'll be put in the next available spot - which by Thursday evening is likely to be quite a distance from the gate.

Eeeek, I know,but we can't get there any earlier. Gutted like. Thank you for the reply. 

Hi, some things I have read that lateness doesn't not always mean greater distance, one post said late on Thursday resulted in a close spot.. so don't worry :)

I have the same situation, reading of people going tomorrow and Wednesday, but we can't go until Thursday and I'm sure it will be fine.

• 5 weeks later...
On 18/07/2017 at 8:55 PM, Bobski1984 said:

Hi, was just wondering whether anyone knows if a van with fold up beds will pass as a live in vehicle? 

from the festival website :

What counts as ‘suitable fitted facilities’ in a camper/caravan?
Your campervan/caravan MUST have purpose-built fitted sleeping facilities and either fitted cooking or washing facilities. Any converted vehicles must clearly be live-in vehicles. This does not mean simply a van with a piece of foam cut to size for a bed, and a bucket for washing!

A team of campsite staff and security staff will check that campervans and caravans coming into these fields have bona fide living accommodation. No other vehicles will be let onto these fields under any circumstances – not even late replacement vehicles in the case of a breakdown – sorry.