Any way still to get in - pretty much entirely theoretical

thazlewood

I saw an interview with Simon Brodkin (Lee Nelson) about how he managed to get on stage with Kanye etc. He said he just makes sure he looks the part then walks around with enough confidence that he looks like he belongs. 

Getting in with no wristband could still be dodgy though. In recent years, security actually occasionally check your wristband as you're walking around the fest, I find.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Car park ticket in order to get close to the festival. 

A small grappling hook and the sticky shoes that they use in the circus for climbing things ( but not rock climbing shoes).

You would need good core and upper body strength and luck that you weren't going to land in the security compound.

Definitely possible.

Don't take a tent or any stuff just cash so you can buy what you need on the inside.  

22 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

2015 I was sat up by the stone Circle and some dude paraglided in, no shit. Had one of those massive fans propelling him and everything. This was the first time I realised how many plain clothed security there are around. About 5 people all nabbed him and dragged him off.

There is plain clothed security at the Stone Circle? Yikes.

9 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Car park ticket in order to get close to the festival. 

A small grappling hook and the sticky shoes that they use in the circus for climbing things ( but not rock climbing shoes).

You would need good core and upper body strength and luck that you weren't going to land in the security compound.

Definitely possible.

Don't take a tent or any stuff just cash so you can buy what you need on the inside.  

They check your festival ticket before you get to the car parks don't they?

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There is plain clothed security at the Stone Circle? Yikes.

Yeah it completely threw me off.. me and my group were a bit worse for wear and all looked at eachother for confirmation we weren't seeing shit. I'm guessing it was radioed in that the guy was making an attempt and they made their way there.

Mate of mine paid £400 for a wristband before, some dodgy security bloke in a pub in Glastonbury town on the Thursday night. 

Best bet is to hang around the pubs in town and ask about. 

Charging stark naked at Jerry towards/over/under the fence will probably result in a bullet in the head.

Love all the suggestions in this thread guys... Thank you and keep 'em coming.

For what it's worth I've been emailing charities and associated companies offering my services and donations! Am pretty much resigned to missing it but guess there's no harm in trying!

All I know is I'll have every kind of safety net in place for 2019... belt, braces, another belt etc etc!

6 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Yeah it completely threw me off.. me and my group were a bit worse for wear and all looked at eachother for confirmation we weren't seeing shit. I'm guessing it was radioed in that the guy was making an attempt and they made their way there.

Ah thats better than the thought of them hanging around up there in the first place, I guess.

Anyway I just googled it and apparently yer man was allowed to stay so that's pretty baller.

30 minutes ago, Superscally said:

They check your festival ticket before you get to the car parks don't they?

Only in the sense if they are two of you in the car they will want to see two valid tickets.

Occasionally they have pulled the odd car over for checks in the past.

They may check all boots etc now due to upped security.

I feel bad for people who wanted to go but didn't get tickets, I only got mine in the resale but with extra security and extra checks I think its wrong of people trying to get in without tickets. The police and security will be on edge and under strict instructions and people trying to climb the fence and hide in vans isn't going to help the situation at all. If someone is spotted trying to climb the fence they may pull security off a gate and then not let people in until they are back. All other years they would know its just someone trying to get into a festival, this year guns may be pointed at you, just give it a miss this year.

2 minutes ago, ivan said:

Only in the sense if they are two of you in the car they will want to see two valid tickets.

Occasionally they have pulled the odd car over for checks in the past.

They may check all boots etc now due to upped security.

I've never been asked to show tickets until I'm at the gate and theirs been 4 of us in the car

WindingLake if you have money to burn. 

Ring round all the charities/traders/traffic staff today just in case somebody doesn't turn up tomorrow.

Check twitter for somebody that looks like you.

Failing all that you can join me in my Trojan Cow!

IMG_1275.JPG

feel for those without tickets, really do. when you know what you're missing out on it can be a really annoying weekend to be at home. though i'd suggest just getting on with your summer in some other fun way. go on holiday. treat yourself.

gonna sound like a massive narc but think it's more than a little daft to be discussing ways to sneak into the festival, on an open, well known glastonbury forum, in a year with ramped up security fears. pretty sure none of us want eFests to become a resource for anyone wishing to cause harm :) 

3 hours ago, thazlewood said:

Hi all

A mostly (alright, pretty much entirely theoretical) question but if you found yourself right-here, right-now with the time off work, available  money and the freedom to pursue any means possible of getting into Glasto at this extremely late stage, are there ANY open? 

I'm fully prepared for a mix of mocking and the odd far-fetched response (up to and including equipping myself with a few twix bars, camo gear and then going on a ninja-like mission) but hoping for any legitimate suggestions (including ridiculously priced glamping options, ANY kind of work, bribery, ANYTHING really!!). I'd spend 8 hours per day on the toilet cleaning crew if I could be there... seriously nothing would deter me! 

The backstory, should it be of any interest... not missed Glasto other than willingly since 2003... missed out on tickets in each and every round this time... it's come down to resales a few times. Last year managed tickets for me and my wife in the secret May resale and think I must have burned out the last of my ticket buying karma.

This year, all signs seem to point to maximising my torment... my work contract was ended early by my client and I now finish work on Wednesday. I've found a new contract which won't start til July and as such have the time off too! In a further bizarre twist, the recruitment agent who got me the job has a long standing free ticket for working as info crew at Glasto... and yes I asked if he could help out!!

Anyway, would welcome anything anyone can suggest! 

So happy for all of you who are gonna be there... needless to say you're going to have an absolute blast! 

Have a great day all

Toby

Message Andyb66 he got a message of somebody offering a way in , 

Thanks again for all suggestions; to clarify I was interested in legitimate (albeit) last minute ways of getting in, not tips on how to get in for free. Wouldn't want to take the pi$$ out if the festival or all those who've paid their way, and frankly I don't have the balls to blag it anyway!! 

I'll vainly hope that one of my emails sent today offering my services as a volunteer pays off, and in all likelihood shall be toasting you all from the couch as I watch on TV with a tear in my eye and my resolve strengthened even further to leave nothing to chance for 2019!

Have a great one all!

3 minutes ago, wilem said:

My friend very successfully broke in in 2013, but I wouldn't advise it this year...

Buying a hospitality ticket for a few grand is your best bet. Depends how much money you're looking to burn

Yer the extra searches on way in kinda puts me off trying as well , personally I won't want to pay anything more than the price of a normal ticket to get in ,it's good but not that good to pay a fortune