The 'Journey to Glastonbury 2017' thread.

Ommadawn

I'm really lucky in that my journey to the site is very short but for some people it takes days. Some may have already left for the festival. Would anyone care to share their travel arrangements? When are you planning on leaving, mode of transport, car sharing etc. I find it really exciting that all around the country (and beyond) people are busy packing for the greatest few days of the year.

Whatever your transport plans, I hope everyone has a wonderful festival. Let all differences be forgotten and everyone unite to make this last festival before the fallow year the best ever.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We set off yesterday from the lake District. Stopped at rossendale, picking up jps tent (he's walking to Glastonbury) then heading to pilton tomorrow. Hang out join queue Wednesday morning. Really excited cos I've only ever been by coach. 

Catching the 07.53 train from Southampton. It's not too long a journey, only about 1hr 40mins. Then a wait at good old Castle Cary for a shuttle bus to Worthy Farm. Mine's not a very exciting journey story really. Others are much more romantic...!

Train to London from Colchester at about 10pm on Monday to stay round a mate's pub. Day with the missus in London on Tuesday, pre-Glastonbury get together on Tuesday night then train down to Southampton on Wednesday morning to get a 1.30pm See coach. 

Believe it or not it's not as hectic as the Monday-Wednesday post-festival where I have to do the trip in reverse then get to Brighton on Tuesday night for Flaming Lips before a train to Brussells on Wednesday for Rock Werchter.

Really glad I'm going to have such a relaxing two weeks off 

14 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

We set off yesterday from the lake District. Stopped at rossendale, picking up jps tent (he's walking to Glastonbury) then heading to pilton tomorrow. Hang out join queue Wednesday morning. Really excited cos I've only ever been by coach. 

Where are you stopping Mon / Tue night?

19 minutes ago, adms said:

Just moved to Bristol from Cornwall, so a much shorter trip than usual. Setting off around 10/11am on Wednesday morning. Still weighing up the best route - Probs going to head for Wells and go from there.

I think that's the best route. Dropping down through Ston Easton and into Shepton Mallet is likely to be a nightmare. When you get to Wells, take the route to Shepton.

Take plenty of water.

caravan is all but packed and ready...

setting off from Cambridgeshire around 06:00 on Tuesday. Stop for breakfast a couple of hours in and hope to be in the vicinity around midday.... driving past Stonehenge in the sunshine never fails to get me excited, thats when it feels like it on..!

Safe travels everybody..

My travelling companions are meeting at mine about 11ish, my son finishes work and drives us down about midday for a drop off at bath and west.  Hoping to get a good idea of what traffic, weather, queues and searches are like from this forum in the hours before that.

Already made the long trek from Melbourne last Friday and today completed the second leg to Frome. The final stretch is a taxi ride to the drop off point at about 4am on Wednesday morning then a shuttle!

Edited by kalifire

3 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

That's pretty much me, I'm just outside Liverpool but we're leaving at 3 bells and expect to take 4-5hrs.

I wanted to leave earlier but that's the earliest I've managed to convince my mates who I'm traveling with. The others are going down Tuesday night.

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

I wanted to leave earlier but that's the earliest I've managed to convince my mates who I'm traveling with. The others are going down Tuesday night.

You should still be sound with that mate. Arriving on or around when the gates open. Don't reckon an hour is gonna make a huge amount of difference. 

Leaving Barnsley @3am Wednesday, drive down the M1, M42, slight detour to collect a friend from Leamington Spa, back on the M42, then M5 to weston super mare where we are meeting more friends to convoy in, hopefully to arrive around 8am. Usually on site by 10am..

Leaving from my home in Uppsala, Sweden on tuesday morning about 05.30, I currently work at the Stockholm airport (convenient :P ), so after work I'll meet up with my mates at the airport. Our flight leave Stockholm 21:00 local time. Arriving at Gatwick 23:00 local time, we'll just hang around at the airport for 2 hours before taking the express train to Victoria Station and walk to the Coach station, bus departure 04:00 I think on wednesday - arriving at site just before 08:00 :)

Edited by Ovechkin