Festival Bus Station - Bristol Temple Meads (GF3)

e2p2

We stupidly didn't book a NE bus from the festival yet and now I see that there are only very-early or pretty-late buses to the places we want to go (either Bristol or London Victoria around 11:00-12:00ish).

I see on the Glastonbury festival site it says that Service GF3 (Festival Bus Station - Bristol Temple Meads) runs at frequent intervals until 19:00.  Does anyone have experience with it?  How frequent it is? Do I need to buy tickets in anvance or just stand in the queue and pay the driver?

Appreciate any help :)

The GF3 service will run like other Shuttle bus services that run from the festival bus station near gate A. You just join a line and wait for the bus. Think through Sunday night/Monday morning it goes hourly till about 7am then there is a stream of buses that turn up; fill up with passengers then set off.

Only trouble with that service on the Sunday/Monday will be its quite busy so you might have to wait for a bit to get the bus so leave plenty of time if you have to get a connecting train at Bristol.

Other alternative might be to get the shuttle bus to Glastonbury town then the scheduled Glastonbury to Bristol bus which also stops at Temple Meads - that is a bit of a pain through as you need to load all your stuff on and off a bus a couple of times

1 hour ago, phil the shrew said:

The GF3 service will run like other Shuttle bus services that run from the festival bus station near gate A. You just join a line and wait for the bus. Think through Sunday night/Monday morning it goes hourly till about 7am then there is a stream of buses that turn up; fill up with passengers then set off.

Only trouble with that service on the Sunday/Monday will be its quite busy so you might have to wait for a bit to get the bus so leave plenty of time if you have to get a connecting train at Bristol.

Other alternative might be to get the shuttle bus to Glastonbury town then the scheduled Glastonbury to Bristol bus which also stops at Temple Meads - that is a bit of a pain through as you need to load all your stuff on and off a bus a couple of times

Thanx! Basically I left enough time (I think), going to Gatewick airport from Bristol bus station at 18:45.