Route advice

richcressey

I'll be coming down on Tuesday afternoon on the A303 - Highway to the sun - and before I've always gone down to Podimore and then up the A37. Wondering this year about cutting through Castle Cary and Ditcheat along Wraxall Road or Easton Lane. Have people done this before/is it possible with road closures on the Tuesday? Also if there's a massive queue onthe A37 like last year what will happen when I hit that, would I just sit in a queue until I can turn right?

Also want to pick up some cider from a farm en route. Must be some in that area.

18 hours ago, richcressey said:

I'll be coming down on Tuesday afternoon on the A303 - Highway to the sun - and before I've always gone down to Podimore and then up the A37. Wondering this year about cutting through Castle Cary and Ditcheat along Wraxall Road or Easton Lane. Have people done this before/is it possible with road closures on the Tuesday? Also if there's a massive queue onthe A37 like last year what will happen when I hit that, would I just sit in a queue until I can turn right?

Also want to pick up some cider from a farm en route. Must be some in that area.

A371 at Castle Cary is closed to through traffic just before the railway station so you wont be able to use it to then cut through Ditcheat.  Easton Lane between Evercreech and A37 is also always closed and will be again this year.

My advice would be to use A371 to Castle Cary then turn left onto B3153 where the road is closed.  Stay on the B3153 for 4 miles then turn right onto A37 where it joins.  There may be a queue there but a fellow festie will probably let you in pretty quickly.

21 hours ago, richcressey said:

There's also another route I can let you know, that cuts off the corner and avoids closures, PM me if you want to know.  Re cider, if you are going via Podimore, just before Sparkford rounabout, take turning off before (there's a cider sign), follow the road and find Weston (King Brain) cider, pull up in the yard, beep horn and choose from sweet, med, dry from the vats.  It's organic and totally lush - I recommend the med or dry.

Hi guys,

we will be driving down from Bristol on Wednesday but want to get into the west car parks as we want to camp near to gate D. 

Does anyone have any advice on the best route to take, as planning a route not knowing which roads may be closed is tricky?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great festival!