Best food to take ?

chris_top_her

8 minutes ago, StLewi said:

Are those shakes filling?

Not particularly!  But they are ideal for those mornings where the appetite needs a little stimulation to get going and you need a little something to help you make it out of the camp to get some proper food.

I believe they are intended for old people who can't eat solid food!

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2017 at 9:28 AM, e9t3 said:

Here's my list for this year, compiled from reading various threads:

• Beef jerky

Jerky 100%! This brand is really tasty, if you're vegan/vegetarian.

I also swear by these little almond butters squeeze packs — not heavy/bulky to carry around, and a good hit of protein in the middle of the day/dancefloor. Also individual packs of popcorn, Capri-Suns, and small bags of trailmix. Wouldn't recommend making a giant bag of trailmix (it gets grotty pretty quickly, despite how vigilantly you wash your hands).

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2017 at 8:34 AM, Mattty said:

Get some of those frozen oven pizzas and cook them at home

Cut into eighths. Wrap two up in tin foil with the toppings facing each other. Do it again with the other 6 slices. Light, carb heavy and tasty

Yeah don't be like me though and eat peperoni pizza the second evening you are there like i did at Reading last year. Meat+30°C heat+30 hours= bad shits for next 3 days

I'm in the camp vern fields nowadays but.love my food, normally just take breakfast stuff and before bed snacks. Always have trail mix in my bag, but the best thing I've ever bought is this. You can use it on a fire or on a has hob. I just love melted  cheese, with one of these if you where near the co op you could eat like a king.

20200219_231745.jpg

Just now, daclown28 said:

I'm in the camp vern fields nowadays but.love my food, normally just take breakfast stuff and before bed snacks. Always have trail mix in my bag, but the best thing I've ever bought is this. You can use it on a fire or on a has hob. I just love melted  cheese, with one of these if you where near the co op you could eat like a king.

20200219_231745.jpg

That's a random screen shot from amazon. And it mega expensive I paid like 15£ for mine 

10 minutes ago, daclown28 said:

20200219_231745.jpg

Mate has one of these sort of things and it’s great for making a toastie over a hob (though again not costing anything like £50).

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Welcome Seb, and where did you pull this old thread out from?!

Pork Scratchings for me.

Scratching are a great shout. Might add this to my snack-bag-for-life. You can get Colmans English Mustard scratchings from a normal co-op at the moment. They're unreal.

Every year I take less and less and every year I take more back at the end. This year with the heat I learned a horrible lesson about berries and chocolate. 

With the coop on site this year, and after checking out the coop last year and having confidence in what will be there... I will ba packing 2 things only, vodka and mix. 

2 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Every year I take less and less and every year I take more back at the end. This year with the heat I learned a horrible lesson about berries and chocolate. 

With the coop on site this year, and after checking out the coop last year and having confidence in what will be there... I will ba packing 2 things only, vodka and mix. 

Strong.