First time working Glasto

amyleecupoftea

This year I'm going to the festival with a food vendor for the first time, do I have to do anything different in terms of getting into the site?

I'm sorry if its a silly question but the woman running the stall has never been as a punter so she isn't sure. Do I just queue up in the regular queues? 

3 minutes ago, amyleecupoftea said:

This year I'm going to the festival with a food vendor for the first time, do I have to do anything different in terms of getting into the site?

I'm sorry if its a silly question but the woman running the stall has never been as a punter so she isn't sure. Do I just queue up in the regular queues? 

If she is a "trader" she will have a number of tickets for her staff. My gf has been there the past 8 years working on one of her mates stalls, they usually arrive a good few days ahead of the start of the festival and go in with the girl who has the stall, she has the requisit number of tickets for her staff. Is this not the case with your food vendor? Has she not supplied you with a ticket? 

7 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

If she is a "trader" she will have a number of tickets for her staff. My gf has been there the past 8 years working on one of her mates stalls, they usually arrive a good few days ahead of the start of the festival and go in with the girl who has the stall, she has the requisit number of tickets for her staff. Is this not the case with your food vendor? Has she not supplied you with a ticket? 

Yeah, she posted me the ticket a couple days ago (they got let down really last min, I emailed them just at the right time so got the place). She will be there from Monday but I'll be arriving on Wednesday so had to post them. Does your girlfriend queue in the same queue as everyone else?

Well like I said, she used to arrive a good number of days in advance with the stall holder, as you will only be arriving on the Wednesday (with most of the rest of the festival goers) I would assume you will just have to queue up with everybody else and go through the security checks in order to get your wrist band. As far as I am aware there is no separate queue for traders or trades staff to enter via. I might be wrong though....

Hi Amy I am assuming you have a ticket with no photo on it. 

There should be a traders access point at each gate usually off to one side. You won't get through the normal lines.

Show your ticket there and they will let you through. You won't get your wristband until you have checked in for work in your market area. After that it's all fine. 

55 minutes ago, Bathimp said:

There should be a traders access point at each gate usually off to one side. You won't get through the normal lines.

Show your ticket there and they will let you through. You won't get your wristband until you have checked in for work in your market area. After that it's all fine. 

Awesome, thanks so much! I'm a bit worried as I'm going to be arriving for the gates opening (car sharing with two punters) and I'm going to end up getting confused and not knowing where to go

8 hours ago, Bathimp said:

Hi, I also have a performer ticket and have been told to just use the normal entrance as everyone else. My ticket has no photo though, do I just show it at the gate and get my wristband along with everyone else?

Just head to any of the normal gates and then look for the traders entrance lane. If you can't see it the stewards will direct you. It's usually off to one side. Once in you keep your ticket until you have checked in with the person running your stage or market or whatever and exchanged it fir a wristband. 

Its an easy process and no hassle. I made the mistake the first time of queuing up in the normal lanes and got redirected. 

To clarify I am referring to the ticket check lanes which are after the initial security checks  

Have a great one!

Hi Amy - I've worked on the vehice / pedestrian gates at the last 8 festivals.

Sometimes work on the main shifts when it's open to ticket holders(Wednesday through Sunday) and sometimes on the pre-festival shifts for the trader / site setup (Sunday through Tuesday before the gates open).

There's a separate lane at each pederstrian gate for workers / performers / hospitality. It's signposted, but the stewards will direct you. They will process your ticket (e.g. tear the stub) and give you your ticket back, but you will not get wristbanded like everyone else with a normal punter ticket.

Once inside the festival, you will need to go and get your wristband from whoever you are working for (as Bathimp has said above).

If you need to temporarily exit the site over the weekend or go back to the car parks, you will need to show your ticket, your wristband and your pass-out voucher (given upon exiting the festival) to get back on-site.