Friendly reminder - USE THE LOCK UPS

rottencrotch

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Does it even actually get locked up or just lashed in a big tent in the back? Ha 

Nothing is actually locked up inside the tent as far as I'm aware. Even cash just goes in a sealed envelope and is put in a pigeonhole type affair. But as mentioned above, they have a 100% record which they are rightfully very proud of.

festival1.png

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Does it even actually get locked up or just lashed in a big tent in the back? Ha 

Big marquee with internal secure fencing. 24 hr staffed. Very polite, helpful and tolerant staff supporting various organisations (Welsh CND seems to be the most common).

I have never heard of any item being lost over all the years ( 25) I have been going. 

An excellent facility far above anything I have encountered at other festivals.

Been using these since recommendations from people on here & when I got my first smart phone. I keep everything in my granny trolley so often gets kept on the ground so I have cool cider everytime I pick up alcohol & money for the day - as someone has already mentioned - I too use it as a bank & certain less of a queue & ballache as finding an ATM

Previously I just used them to stick my trolley in to save space in my tent but last year I put all my money on and then took out my budget each day. Used it like a cash machine.

If you are putting cash or booze in there you have to sign it all out then sign it back in. 

Some of the bigger ones also offer a phone/power bank charging service as well.

My mate was at download and he took his stuff to the arena on the Sunday because he was going after the last headliner. £15 for a locker which couldn't even fit his stuff in. Made be proud of the Glastonbury lock ups 

Edited by Divein

Love the lock ups. Like someone one said earlier, I pack up Sunday morning, leave my gear by a lock up close to Gate A, have an all nighter Sunday, (go and see a film and bimble about) and then pick up my stuff and leave for a shuttle to Castle Cary at 5am. Always home and in bed by 10am.  So yeah, love the lock ups!

20 hours ago, fowls said:

I pack my tent up Sunday and leave everything at the Lock up by the coach station.  Then after an all nighter in Shangri-La, can wander back to the lock up, pick up my stuff and it's a short walk to the coach home at 5 or 6am.  So much less stressful than packing everything up on Monday when you'd rather be going.  

That's a bloody good idea. Think I'll be using the lock ups far more tactically this year. Valuables nearest the tent, booze more central and this little Sunday/Monday trick sounds great. 

Can't believe I've been 7 times before using them last year.  Very useful to dump heavy bags before going the last 400m or so before pitching the tent.  I think I'll take two wallets this year so I can take £40 or so each day and leave the main one with them.  They're very friendly as well.

1 hour ago, deepkittycaz said:

I'll be volunteering on the lockups this year, for the first time. Looking forward to helping lots of excited people!

Brilliant :) - it's one of the best jobs on site. Do you know which lock up you'll be on? 

I'm one of the team leaders on Pennards so feel free to say hello!

9 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Can you put your drugs in a lockup? Asking for a friend.

Known someone store their whole dealing stash and profits in there in a safe and not get refused or checked so yes.

Which is a bit bonkers tbh

28 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Known someone store their whole dealing stash and profits in there in a safe and not get refused or checked so yes.

Which is a bit bonkers tbh

That sounds risky! I just want to include my bits and pieces in my purse or something and check it in, purely as a means of self regulation. The theory being, if they're not in my pocket, I won't just guzzle my way through them.

I presume if they're just in my purse along with my cash, nobody would ever know.

Bit of an odd question...I have medication that must not go over 25 degrees.  With the amazing temperatures that we are due, I can't carry it around with me, or leave it in my tent, as it will easily exceed 25 degrees.  Do the lock ups stay much cooler than the outside temperature, or do they get as hot as normal tents? I'm wondering if this could be an option. 

Yep. When I eventually started using them, it was a godsend. I normally put my cash in seperate envelopes for convenience, one for each day and essentially use them as a cash machine. It felt like a weight off my shoulders not having to worry about having valuables in my tent and toerags having a rummage around.

It's essential for peace of mind. I normally chuck in a tenner or so when I visit for the last time on the Sunday

Edited by Andeeroo

12 minutes ago, lillypip said:

Bit of an odd question...I have medication that must not go over 25 degrees.  With the amazing temperatures that we are due, I can't carry it around with me, or leave it in my tent, as it will easily exceed 25 degrees.  Do the lock ups stay much cooler than the outside temperature, or do they get as hot as normal tents? I'm wondering if this could be an option. 

A good option I reckon ... I use a frio wallet ... which is good for my insulin ... there are also fridges available at medical points but I can't be bothered with the trek 

We camp around michaels mead area, where is the closest lockups from there? Been to glastonbury so many times and  ever used them, but we did have things stolen from our tent while sleeping last year so want to use the lockups this year :)

lockups are amazing, silly that we have never thought to use them before now!