Re-united Kingdom

GMF

The Last Leg is doing a programme tonight in honour of Jo Cox, based on the idea of her maiden commons speech which held the idea that we have more in common than divides us. In the build up to the festival I think this is an important ideal. 

It it has been a crap year for unity, the last few weeks have been challenging for everyone for various reasons.

This is a generally positive forum, but as we approach the festival please remember that we have more in common than divides us and that applies to race, nationality, religion, sex, sexuality, musical taste, posh camping, public camping, camper van, off site, drugs, no drugs, socially functioning alcoholic, non socially function alcoholic, weather optimists, weather pessimists, I could go on but you get the point.

i am not sure how people will respond, this might come across as a bit pompous, but next weekend is an important release for me, and I hope everyone has a great weekend and shows tolerance to everyone who wants to enjoy their weekend in a different way to you.

The attached is a quote from Michael in the Guardian this time last year.

It sums up everything that Glastonbury means to me. It's life dialysis - five days (or eight now, I'm blessed to say) gives me all the joy and the energy and the love that I need to get myself through the following 360 days. This time round I have to work hard - it's TWO YEARS till I can come back so I have to make the effort to do twice as much bimbling and twice as much BravePants talking to people.

I wish everyone a wonderful festival this year. We have Solstice on Tuesday to bring us peace and light. And a bangin' weather forecast :D

13450938_10153526743852461_1710318034277733241_n.jpg

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

Just finished watching the programme, Elbow and The Courteeners testing the tolerance I mentioned.;). Said in jest if Elbow are the Friday night TBA I have a horror clash with Future Islands. Seen both elsewhere recently not sure which way I would go.

Have a wonderful festival you lot, can't believe it's nearly upon us! Thanks for all the great new music, genuine, embarrassing times I've laughed out loud at this forum and the bus and the nuts speculation about how Michael Eavis' wellies really show a reflection of Paul McCartney's fifth solo record. 

Let do our best to celebrate the festival spirit all year round both on this forum and in the real World. 

7 hours ago, GMF said:

The Last Leg is doing a programme tonight in honour of Jo Cox, based on the idea of her maiden commons speech which held the idea that we have more in common than divides us. In the build up to the festival I think this is an important ideal. 

It it has been a crap year for unity, the last few weeks have been challenging for everyone for various reasons.

This is a generally positive forum, but as we approach the festival please remember that we have more in common than divides us and that applies to race, nationality, religion, sex, sexuality, musical taste, posh camping, public camping, camper van, off site, drugs, no drugs, socially functioning alcoholic, non socially function alcoholic, weather optimists, weather pessimists, I could go on but you get the point.

i am not sure how people will respond, this might come across as a bit pompous, but next weekend is an important release for me, and I hope everyone has a great weekend and shows tolerance to everyone who wants to enjoy their weekend in a different way to you.

I couldn't agree more. The lack of tolerance in this country over the past year has been upsetting, including a lot at Glastonbury 2016. We need more people with this kind of viewpoint.

Have a great festival.

A few people have asked if I'm concerned about going to such a big event given recent events

My answer is Glastonbury is exactly where i need to go at the moment. This forum reminds me to take the spirit with me the rest of the year. 

Life dialysis indeed. 

Foo fighter times like these just came on the radio.....so apt

12 hours ago, GMF said:

Definitely not pompous... Perfect infact :) I think it sums up how a lot of us are feeling.

I hope you have an absolute blinder of a festival!!!

p.s. I'm still going to affectionately tease my friend for going to see Ed though