Corbyn appearing on Pyramid!

slipmatt

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I know what you mean but sticking May or Farage on at an openly chargeable stage like Leftfield or the Speakers Corner is just asking for something to go down

Bro, have you even been in the Speaker's Forum? Everybody in there is made of hemp.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Not sure about this. A quick google brings up a YouTube video of Boris Johnson exploring the site and I'm pretty sure I've read on here that all the main party leaders get invited to speak every year.

Ok, thanks didn't know that. I don't recall any turning up.

if you can bare the stench the comments section of the daily mail article on this is fucking hilarious.......people who dont seem to understand the festivals link with politics(`im never going now the festivals turned into a political mouthpiece`), someone claiming to have a ticket but is now going to `rip it up` (dont need to say how obvious it is said person does not have a ticket as NOONE who got how hard it is to get a ticket for this thing and what it means to have one would even suggest that) 

and the usual bollocks about how Glastonbury is forcing young people to become marxists etc....apparently we`re all going to be made to watch corbyn with a gun to our heads.....lol

Billy Bragg invited Boris to the festival in the days when Bozza was just an amusing HIGNFY sideshow. 

Watching that video I'd say Boris looks off his tits, coke probably... 

That's the thing about Glastonbury, it can invite pretty much who it likes. If you don't like it there's always something else to enjoy. 

I couldn't be any further away from Kanye West when he was on, I'm sure many felt equally strongly about Hetfield and his hunting. 

Take it or leave it. 

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I'm not saying you need to like their politics, that's up to you of course. But they are overtly political so, as I said, I find it odd that you actively ignore the political content.

As for a lib-dem or Tory showing up it won't happen because the Eavis's wouldn't allow it. ME quite openly an active Labour and CND supporter and the festival follows that ethos - it is their party after all.

Having said all that it's great that all creeds are welcome to the festival and we are all free to like what we want for whatever reason. I do however have a hope that some people become a little more politically aware though the experience.

It's not like I ignore their political content, but I'm able to like the music itself without having any connection to their own message. As for the CND, that's something I'm quite on board with. As for your last part, I completely agree - whether they become more political on any side of course, barring the extremes.

On a side note, do you think the Lib Dems would be excluded? I can imagine Tories not being there or invited but Libs are a bit left leaning aren't they? Would have thought they could be a welcome addiiton to the festival. Maybe also because that's who I voted for, ha!

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

12 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

On a side note, do you think the Lib Dems would be excluded? I can imagine Tories not being there or invited but Libs are a bit left leaning aren't they? Would have thought they could be a welcome addiiton to the festival. Maybe also because that's who I voted for, ha!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Nick Clegg has been to speak at the festival. So, nope.

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Nick Clegg has been to speak at the festival. So, nope.

I'll modify my comment ( it was perhaps a little 'extreme'). I doubt anyone from the tory or libdem party would be given a prime slot on the pyramid. 

Inviting them to debates would be a good thing. It would spice up what can be a one sided debate.

In my experience, discussions about politics usually leads to negativity and I don't want negativity at Glastonbury personally.

This is why I (quite easily really) avoid politics at festivals.

No idea why some people say it is rammed down our throats, it simply isn't.Go and watch someone else, somewhere else.(which is my Glastonbury quote for everything)

2 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I'll modify my comment ( it was perhaps a little 'extreme'). I doubt anyone from the tory or libdem party would be given a prime slot on the pyramid. 

Inviting them to debates would be a good thing. It would spice up what can be a one sided debate.

I suppose the Lib Dems aren't quite enough of a big deal at present to warrant it. And the tories are, you know, the tories, and would be recieved with all the absolute bile they deserve should they decide to make such an appearance.

8 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Def agree it would spice up debates, just generally more balanced discussion and it would be a better example for people that people can talk and reason with each other than just juxtaposing eachother. It's one of the reasons I'm not in favour of politics at the moment is it's kind of like 'you're either with us or against us' mentality. I would ilke to see more conversations than slanging matches

15 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Ah okay, I'm not surprised, I like Clegg, despite him being seen as a bit of backstabber for siding with the Tories in the coalition (at least for some people in my friendhship circle) but he reigned in the tories quite a bit imo. More conversations needed I think

10 hours ago, Pilgrim S said:

Could be a great moment. I'm expecting the sun to come out. Was looking forward to Run The Jewels anyway.

10 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Another one who thinks the sun shines out Corbyns arse :D

I have to admit, as much as I like Corbyn, in context this was just funny. It certainly didn't deserve to be scored worse than your other comments. :D

I don't understand why all these right wing haters are coming to a left wing festival. I definitely couldn't do it if it was the other way around. 

I challenge all the haters to actually listen to the man speak. Maybe there's hope for you, maybe you'll come around.

7 minutes ago, hermano said:

I don't understand why all these right wing haters are coming to a left wing festival. I definitely couldn't do it if it was the other way around. 

I challenge all the haters to actually listen to the man speak. Maybe there's hope for you, maybe you'll come around.

Unless of course they are coming to drink beer, listen to music, have a good time, meet friends,not bother with politics for one weekend,etc,etc.

4 hours ago, russycarps said:

Disagree completely. Right wingers infest every facet of real life, it is incomprehensible that they should be given a platform to spout their bile at Glastonbury too.

They can walk around and have a lovely time - thanks to the left leaning ethos of the festival - then they can fuck right off on Monday back to their miserable selfish existence.

You really do have a problem don't you Russy. Never mind, keep beating yourself with birch twigs and when you get suitably angry come back and post some more crap.

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Unless of course they are coming to drink beer, listen to music, have a good time, meet friends,not bother with politics for one weekend,etc,etc.

Yeah even if the line-up was banging I couldn't go to a festival where it's roots were based on Reagonomics and Nestle were sponsoring it and weapons manufacturers were giving speeches in the the rightfield tent. 

6 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

You really do have a problem don't you Russy. Never mind, keep beating yourself with birch twigs and when you get suitably angry come back and post some more crap.

Of course I have a problem. I have a big problem with the toxic country the likes of you have created.

I'm going over to Latimer Road today to stand in solidarity with those poor souls who have lost everything, people who will be rehoused all over the country. That's an entire community destroyed at a stroke. You are damn right that will make me angry.

Tomorrow I will be hosting a street party to celebrate the life of Jo Cox. A wonderful human being, a wonderful mother, who died at the hands of a crazed right wing psychopath. You are damn right I will be angry at times.

Then on Wednesday I will go to Glastonbury where I can immerse myself among like minded people. There I will be reminded there is still some good in this world. The anger will be replaced by joy and hope.

Yes I know there will be a few right wing cockroaches like you scuttling about the place. But thankfully, aside from a few cowardly boos to Jeremy Corbyn, you'll keep your mouths shut and just fuck off back to your poisonous lives on Monday without spoiling things too much.