Corbyn appearing on Pyramid!

slipmatt

I'm already waiting for the inevitable Guardian story...

Theresa May refuses to meet festival goers at Glastonbury Festival

Theresa May has come under increased scrutiny for refusing to appear at Glastonbury Festival next week.  The criticism comes after Jeremy Corbyn revealed he would be introducing rap act "Run The Jewels" on the Pyramid Stage at this year's festival.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

For real?

Yes.

Just now, windy_miller said:

If you're hoping to avoid any politics, then you've picked the wrong band.

I don't like their music for their politics, I like it because of the music and the lyrics, not whether I agree with it all on a political level. I never choose bands because of their politics, seems an odd reason to like somoene

6 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Fuck sake. Was hoping to avoid any politics at the festival, now my favourite band of the festival is going to be opened by a long rant...

Bit of a contradiction?!

7 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Fuck sake. Was hoping to avoid any politics at the festival, now my favourite band of the festival is going to be opened by a long rant...

but your favourite band is overtly political. Perhaps you should get a new favourite band.

11 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Was hoping to avoid any politics at the festival, now my favourite band of the festival is going to be opened by a long rant...

A political band that would be doing political rants anyway.

edit:  soz.  I see that this has already been comprehensively dismantled.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

3 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I don't think so. I'm able to separate my political opinions from songs. I like Rocking in the Free World but it doesn't mean I have all the same views or like the song because of the political side to it

No I get what you mean totally.

It was just the comment about avoiding politics all weekend, when the band in themselves are heavily political was a little contradictory.

9 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yes.

I don't like their music for their politics, I like it because of the music and the lyrics, not whether I agree with it all on a political level. I never choose bands because of their politics, seems an odd reason to like somoene

My point was that, regardless of the lyrics, you're going to get political rants during their set anyway.