Corbyn appearing on Pyramid!

slipmatt

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, duke88 said:

All this mass adulation of someone who couldn't even beat a truly dreadful Prime Minister like May is getting on my nerves a bit. It's a bit worrying that finish 40-odd seats behind the Tories is considered a massive victory these days.

I think if Rochdale were away to Chelsea in the FA cup and 5-0 down at half time, but managed to pull it back to 5-4 in the second half they'd get plenty of credit, which is essentially the case with Corbyn.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Woulda been brilliant as a spontaneous thing. Still will be, but the exodus after Jeremy's said his few words is gonna kill the atmos.

Maybe....maybe.....but if the weather is nice and the crowd for the Corbmeister is big then I think a lot of folk will choose to stick around for K-Pez.

Which'll make the RTJ / K-Pez pit double way more difficult than I'd previously anticipated.

This is great, and I have to say I'm very impressed with Michael's comments there which really speak to the true values of the Festival, which run the risk of being slightly eroded through Emily's not-so-conscious stance.

This is what Glastonbury's all about:

Eavis said the issue on which he agrees most with Corbyn is nuclear disarmament. “He really believes in it, like I do. The UK’s nuclear weapons cost an absolute fortune, and make us a target. Why? For four boats? It’s ridiculous; it’s so absurd. Corbyn is on the same page with me on that one. He’s going to fight it out, I think.”

But Eavis also championed Corbyn’s anti-austerity stance. “Social justice and elevating the status of working-class people, that’s all an important exercise. Education, hospitals, social care – these are all huge issues that can’t be swept under the carpet. The Tories have ignored them, and the Labour party as well – the Blairites. It’s all changed now.”

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think if Rochdale were away to Chelsea in the FA cup and 5-0 down at half time, but managed to pull it back to 5-4 in the second half they'd get plenty of credit, which is essentially the case with Corbyn.

not if you read the 'don't vote tory' thread. Apparently, according to some, he was always losing 5-4 and he gained no extra votes during the campaign. :P

5 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

in the UK we love nothing more than an underdog , especially one that stands up for the wee man

and one that turns a 'certain' 100 plus seat majority for the tories into a hung parliament - not he did not win but he and Labour sure as hell stopped the tories from doing just that and wrecking even more lives.

I know so many people who thought he was 'awful' who now understand.

13 minutes ago, duke88 said:

All this mass adulation of someone who couldn't even beat a truly dreadful Prime Minister like May is getting on my nerves a bit. It's a bit worrying that finish 40-odd seats behind the Tories is considered a massive victory these days.

Losing is the new 'taking part' in this meek modern world. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

NickCohen.png?w=300&q=55&auto=format&usm

Don't tell me you weren't warned about Corbyn appearing with RTJ

A Surprise Volcano Erupted, Threatening to Bathe The Country In Lava and Jeremy Corbyn Ran Up There And Plugged It With a Big Boulder, Saving Us All - But I Still Have Doubts          -   Nick Cohen