BAR Williams Green

Gwladboy

The place with BAR carved in wood above the tent has been great for us over the years. Remember around 200 people dancing to Luther Vandross in the sun in 2015.  Lots of good cheese.

Does it have a name other than the obvious and does anyone know how I can find out what dj's are playing?

Are you all along about the he tent to the left as you look at the Williams Green tent?

If you are the bar means what you think it means, another bar! Although quite a big nice bar, it's still just another bar with seating in and newspapers lying around very handy when it's raining outside

Or are you thinking of somewhere else ?

44 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

That place that does chicken butties outside of the bar is the best place to eat at Glastonbury. Not arsed what anyone says. 

Is that the rotisserie place? I proper fancied that last year, didn't give it a go though. I hate walking past things I want to eat 

7 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Is that the rotisserie place? I proper fancied that last year, didn't give it a go though. I hate walking past things I want to eat 

You should correct that error this year.  I mainly eat veggie at the festival, because it's so good, and so much choice, but the chicken with the potatoes is a life saver when you're hanging towards the end!

9 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Are you all along about the he tent to the left as you look at the Williams Green tent?

If you are the bar means what you think it means, another bar! Although quite a big nice bar, it's still just another bar with seating in and newspapers lying around very handy when it's raining outside

Or are you thinking of somewhere else ?

Maybe it's not Williams Green then, but it must be close. I'm sure it's on the way to the bandstand, away from Williams Green on your right. Cream coloured tent, low, dj booth one end, bar along one side, seats outside, big BAR sign in wood outside.

49 minutes ago, Gwladboy said:

Maybe it's not Williams Green then, but it must be close. I'm sure it's on the way to the bandstand, away from Williams Green on your right. Cream coloured tent, low, dj booth one end, bar along one side, seats outside, big BAR sign in wood outside.

Bourbon Bar?

2 hours ago, Gwladboy said:

It's directly opposite the William's Green tent, almost where the Bourbon Street Bar used to be. No idea what it's actual name is, but we call it the RAB because that's what the wooden sign says when you approach it from the opposite direction! It's great for DJs and an 'after-party' once Guilty Pleasures on Thursday kicks out!

3 hours ago, glastoandy84 said:

It's directly opposite the William's Green tent, almost where the Bourbon Street Bar used to be. No idea what it's actual name is, but we call it the RAB because that's what the wooden sign says when you approach it from the opposite direction! It's great for DJs and an 'after-party' once Guilty Pleasures on Thursday kicks out!

Thanks,

I thought I was going mad.  Yeah always had a good time there.

18 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Oh god yes! Me and Mr P&P shared half a chicken and some roast potatoes for our Sunday dinner last year - it was properly lovely. I think it's too big a portion for one, but the roast chicken baps they do are brilliant as well.

17 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Crawfish is 80% farting around and only 20% munching. Not a good enough ratio at all for my money 

It is bloody nice though. Good when you've got plenty of time on your hands; not so good when you want to see a band at the Park in twenty minutes' time...