Bag tags

MattR88

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume they are in case bags get backlogged during added security processes? Sounds like ti is for the benefit of the punter. They seem cheap enough on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Luggage-Suitcase-Identifier-Labels-Accessories/dp/B018V7GCH8/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1497531235&sr=8-5&keywords=luggage+tags

( @eFestivals perhaps you could edit this to your affilate link?)

Or you could easily improvise something home made. Seems like a bit of a silly instruction to ignore to be honest

Phone number request indicates that they're worried about bags left unattended. 

Much like at train stations or airports, unattended luggage will likely be destroyed because of the security risk.

We need bags every year to bring our stuff, and Glastonbury doesn't provide bags. Why begrudge a tiny tag that will make the whole process of entry smoother, just because they aren't providing the tags?

Edited by SpeakingmyChanguage

I wasn't going to worry about this as we're in the CV field so won't be bringing big bags onto the site. But we will have day bags for beer and other essentials - I wasn't sure if they meant tagging these as well, but it does say 'all bags'. Although that could be because of the amount of bags people will have with them when they first arrive...

What are others doing? Are you tagging everything? We're going to going through the security daily, so I want be make it as smooth as poss, but tagging everything seems overkill.

2 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

I wasn't going to worry about this as we're in the CV field so won't be bringing big bags onto the site. But we will have day bags for beer and other essentials - I wasn't sure if they meant tagging these as well, but it does say 'all bags'. Although that could be because of the amount of bags people will have with them when they first arrive...

What are others doing? Are you tagging everything? We're going to going through the security daily, so I want be make it as smooth as poss, but tagging everything seems overkill.

I'm in the same position, I'm personally not going to bother tagging my day bag. They must know hardly anybody will do this but the way I see it it's an advance deterrent to scare anybody that might be planning something. They're putting out the message that they are taking it seriously and will be searching every bag.

Don't see what their intention is for this really. Can't see them taking bags off you to search them and then you come back to fetch them again later. They hardly expect it to be for bags being left unattended around the site along the lines of "unattended bags may be destroyed" announcements you hear at airports etc.

Other than a bit of security theatre at the main gate for the local TV cameras on the first morning I wouldn't expect things to be much different than any other year. It's just not setup to be able to make massive changes to the way you get through the gates. 

A dog sniffing a bunch of bags all at once possibly, but are they really going to be diverting significant numbers of bomb sniffer dogs from elsewhere? 

1 hour ago, MattR88 said:

I'm off to Poundland and Home Bargains on Saturday morning for all my essentials.

Unless I've got a bit of loose paper and tape lying around I won't be doing it. If my camping back is separated from me on entry it won't be my doing, then for the rest of the festival it will be in my tent. My 'day bag' will either be on my back or if not, in my tent

I do kind of see why they're doing it though

16 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Unless I've got a bit of loose paper and tape lying around I won't be doing it. If my camping back is separated from me on entry it won't be my doing, then for the rest of the festival it will be in my tent. My 'day bag' will either be on my back or if not, in my tent

I do kind of see why they're doing it though

What if they drag you away kicking and screaming for a cavity search?

They want to make sure they're destroying the correct bag at the same time :rolleyes: