Wednesday/Thursday Recommendations

StevieMcK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, StevieMcK said:

Last year a few members posted about DJ sets that they or their friends were playing in various venues around the site (a northern soul one springs to mind).

Anyone got any reccomendations/suggestions for this year?

Hello - think that was me.

I am djing at the Ridge and Furrow from 8pm on the Wednesday. There is a brilliant DJ from Bristol called Simon Lloyd on before me!!!!

If you fancy something a bit different Id recommend Wheel of Four Tunes at the Sensation Seekers stage ( Thursday 23:30 - 1:00). Me and the wife try to do something a bit different every year on the Thursday evening and this was recommended to me by someone on here, so we checked them out in 2015. What a laugh and atmosphere, its basically two guys in power ranger costumes getting audience members to spin a wheel and then they play 4 songs from that genre. It sounds crap, my wife thought it sounded crap before they came out, but it is so good, so surreal, so funny.

This year were off  to Croissant Neuf to watch Rhythm of the 90's (Thursday 23;30 - 00:30), there an eight piece band who do covers of big 90's dance hits.

1 hour ago, Wakey321 said:

5pm Thursday - The Smyths - Williams Green

The best Smiths tribute band you will ever see

If we could avoid any further recommendations of this nature please. I want some room in the tent for me. 

But yes, this should be down as a must see.