Glasto chat

Ex_ollie

7 minutes ago, Homer said:

Okay, so I managed less than seven months by the look of it - and even that was a struggle.

The 2,000th hilarious 'chair w@nker' thread just got too much for me, so I finally gave up.

Cheers to this thread for making me aware of it!

I dont get it ... and they spend each waking moment calling each other c..ts too . Am I being odd thinking thats not really in the spirit of the Festival ? (yes i am aware its supposed to be comical ) what is wrong with respect and politeness ?

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont get it ... and they spend each waking moment calling each other c..ts too . Am I being odd thinking thats not really in the spirit of the Festival ? (yes i am aware its supposed to be comical ) what is wrong with respect and politeness ?

That's essentially what I tried to convey before I gave up and left.

I think it's essentially a bunch of people with a not particularly well-developed (borderline 'whacky') sense of humour, telling you you don't have a sense of humour if you don't find them repeatedly calling each other (and people in chairs) w*nkers hilarious.

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

That's essentially what I tried to convey before I gave up and left.

I think it's essentially a bunch of people with a not particularly well-developed (borderline 'whacky') sense of humour, telling you you don't have a sense of humour if you don't find them repeatedly calling each other (and people in chairs) w*nkers hilarious.

W**ker.

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought this was a thread about this forum for a minute... I was like why are people talking about this forum in a thread in this forum like they are not in this forum.... went all inception and shit... they I realised I was having a brain fart :D 

• Upvote 1

I have been in the FB group for quite few years as I like to see what the general mood is around a few choice subjects of mine.  But the amount of banter (abuse) I've received after posting personal stuff means I have decided to stop posting and just lurk.  I have recently really grown to hate it though and it makes me appreciate this forum so much.

Edited by ian the worm

52 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

I have been in the FB group for quite few years as I like to see what the general mood is around a few choice subjects of mine.  But the amount of banter (abuse) I've received after posting personal stuff means I have decided to stop posting and just lurk.  I have recently really frown to hate it though and it makes me appreciate this forum so much.

Glasto Fest Feed seems much better... its mostly noobs asking questions no abuse. Tons of amazing pics people put up as well. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

Glad you did it.  My childish urge to start insulting @crazyfool1and @Homer in response was very, very strong :lol:

What have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?
What have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?
What have I, what have I, what have I…

in the words of the Pet shop boys 

There is lots of abuse directed what they think is the 'wrong' type of people to be going, especially from those people who missed out on tickets. Someone could post that they are excited to see the headliners and get told that they are going for entirely the wrong reasons and to move aside to let them buy a ticket in the resale. Just because someone isn't the hardened Glasto veteran you are doesn't give you the right to give them a torrent of abuse for having the nerve to buy a festival ticket.

'Don't pee on the land' and 'Leave no trace' seem to be posted about once a minute in the run up to the festival. I think everyone got the point already and at that point you're just preaching to the converted. Is the part of Glastonbury you're most excited about is laying into some kid who dropped a mars bar wrapper, perhaps even giving a piece of your mind to someone doing balloons on the stone circle? Littering is filthy but you'd think they were attempting to prevent some kind of war crime with the volume of posts about it

I once made a post saying that people taking their kids round the south east corner at 4am is irresponsible and got a massive facebook beatdown. I personally think that it's an extremely stressful and loud environment for a child given that everyone is off their heads and is selfish not putting their kids first, you wouldn't take your child with you to a nightclub, you have the rest of your festival to take your kids, people just want to have a bit of fun without tons of kids running around. This was the incorrect answer for Glasto Chat and I was called all manner of things under the sun

On 1/19/2018 at 11:43 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I usually find it unbearable, but right now when this place is fairly dead, Glasto Chat is actually the best place to go to for Glastonbury excitement 

Plenty of knobheads on there, but lots of excited people who love the place too.

There’s a lot of decent people in Glasto Chat. Quite a few who frequent here too.  Those being overly moralistic might be interested to know that Glasto Chat have raised many thousands for charity each year the lions share going to festival medical devices,  

25 minutes ago, paddyclark said:

There’s a lot of decent people in Glasto Chat. Quite a few who frequent here too.  Those being overly moralistic might be interested to know that Glasto Chat have raised many thousands for charity each year the lions share going to festival medical devices,  

Unfortunately as is the way there is always a few people who ruin it for others....