Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

3 hours ago, JP1994 said:

If anyone knows of anyone selling standing tickets for the show in Birmingham 19/11/23 then please point them my way.

I’m devastated I missed them. I was going with them all weekend but ended up going to Elton with my mates.

I’ve watched it back on iPlayer with such envy.

Damn touts are trying to get £150 out of me for a standing ticket, shameless.

Wow, paid £55 just last week for Birmingham. Will be my third time. Glad I saw Elton, I wouldn’t have had the energy to see QOTSA. Excellent filming by the BBC for a change. One of my favourite bands and a great setlist. 

On 6/27/2023 at 11:49 AM, JP1994 said:

I made a last minute decision on Sunday to go and watch Elton. Tried leaving Elton after 15 mins as I was bored but was struggled to get away from the Pyramid so gave up.

Watching the set back on iPlayer now and reckon this could be the biggest regret I’ve made at the festival in 9 years.

Elton turned out to be good but Queens are absolutely tearing it up better than anyone I saw that weekend.

Currently looking for UK tickets in November as I’m getting a serious case of after FOMO 😢

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/queens-of-the-stone-age-birmingham-19-11-2023/event/23005EC9CAC00A86?brand=cce2&camefrom=CFC_UKAFF_CCE1_CLEAR&_ga=2.176659500.843871570.1688246765-1889401769.1688246765

There are tickets here. Only seated though from what I can see.

Edited by Dave_c

7 hours ago, 90 degree angle said:

Except that was daylight, before / right as they went on…

Try again.

IMG_6620.jpeg

IMG_6619.jpeg

Looks exactly the same, mate. 

On the Elton drone the crowd goes back to the sound stage, as it does on your pictures. 

And this is from around 10.15pm. 

Not being critical, just showing the size per the drone.

Edited by briddj

Crowd was incredibly small just before they came on. We were there for war on drugs also. who were brilliant.

Plastic bags passing by like tumble weeds. Was very weird. 

Filled up from maybe 21.45 onwards, after I assume some chucked Elton after a couple of songs. 

I think it spurned Queens on to be honest. 

Josh came out with a large wry smile like he knew. 

They absolutely smashed it to bits!

What a set! 

Was great to get that close with ease. Sound was spot on. 

11 minutes ago, Cleetus said:

I took this at 21.25.

They started 21.45

20230625_211624.jpg

It deffo filled up more than this before they came on, I had a look round a few times. 

By the end of the set though it was a lot bigger.

That being said though our crowd was poppin off for them and Josh and the boys actually killed it. 

Edited by Xeph1995

QOTSA were great, gave it their all. Was nice being able to basically walk to 15-20 rows back for such a big act just a shame there wasn't the atmosphere of a proper crowd