Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

I've seen them around 5-10 times, they have been decent to brilliant every time I've seen them but the line up changes don't help. I really miss the days when it was Nick Oliveri, Mark Lanegan etc and I've still got no idea why they fired Joey Castillo who was a beast of a drummer.

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Should a man that kicks women really be allowed to play Glastonbury??

There’s a tent named after a man who married a 15 year old, and many acts with sketchy pasts have played previously and are to this day heralded as the best sets ever etc. So yeah… I don’t think that’s gonna stop them from booking him or other people with shitty pasts or tendencies. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Should a man that kicks women really be allowed to play Glastonbury??

From what I recall of that he was trying to be rock 'n roll and kick the camera out of her hands but it ended up kicking the camera into her in the face rather than he's beating women or something along those lines. Although his beak up with Brody seems to filled with the pair of them accusing each other of domestic abuse.

I do remember when he got into an argument with a heckler in a crowd and called him a "faggot" so then people on social media called him homophobic and to prove that he wasn't he talks about how he also told the heckler he was going to fuck him in the arse to prove he's not.

Edited by jump

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I dont really see why his own kids would lie about that 

Weird that his daughter isn't also filing for one. The 5 and 10 yo are easily for Brody to influence whereas a 15yo isn't.

Looks like the charges were thrown out according to the TMZ article anyway:

'Homme's attorney, Susan Wiesner, tells us, "Ms. Dalle has previously brought these claims to the police, DCFS, and the presiding judge of the family law court, all of whom have declined to take any action based upon these spurious claims."'

Brody and Josh had/have a very toxic relationship

3 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Weird that his daughter isn't also filing for one. The 5 and 10 yo are easily for Brody to influence whereas a 15yo isn't.

Looks like the charges were thrown out according to the TMZ article anyway:

'Homme's attorney, Susan Wiesner, tells us, "Ms. Dalle has previously brought these claims to the police, DCFS, and the presiding judge of the family law court, all of whom have declined to take any action based upon these spurious claims."'

Brody and Josh had/have a very toxic relationship

I didn’t want to jump to his defence, but yeah, easy to see how Brody could’ve influenced such young children. Either outcome is pretty awful and it sucks to see their relationship ending in such a toxic way, but fingers crossed these accusations are bullshit (and we’ve still got a sweet Friday headliner opposite Billie).

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Posting the link to an article is not speculating; certainly not in the same way the immediate posts were scrambling to defend that guy you like with a history of violence. "Not trying to defend him but-"

There's abit of a difference between defending the beating of children and hoping that kids being beaten is a lie.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Posting the link to an article is not speculating; certainly not in the same way the immediate posts were scrambling to defend that guy you like with a history of violence. "Not trying to defend him but-"

Posting a link and saying “well that’s his headline spot gone” is most certainly speculating…

The guy I like??? Where have I said anything to defend him? If it’s true then fuck him.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It is, but saying “best not speculate” but spamming the site with the same link whilst saying “that’s his headline slot gone” are slightly at odds would you not say?

fair enough, but i guess its more 'the bad publicity means it gone' rather than saying maybe the kids are lying...

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

fair enough, but i guess its more 'the bad publicity means it gone' rather than saying maybe the kids are lying...

Eh, if it’s proven to be bollocks or has been thrown out like noted above then I see no reason why it should hurt his career, but I suppose if it gains enough traction it could be damaging regardless. Suppose we’ll just have to wait and see how/if this develops further.