Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

52 minutes ago, wolfamongwolves said:

Yeah a 20.000 capacity venue less than half full. 

Nah they seem to be doing well enough at filling those vanues. Maybe if they weren't they'd be due a downgraded but they just sold the O2 out and added another date in the capital for the surplus.

• Upvote 1

A few nights at the brixton academy would've been amazing. Large venue but still more of an intimate feel. O2in particular is utterly souless. SSE isn't too bad as arenas go mind. 

Missed out on tickets (story of my life!) in the original sale and was going to try for the new date.. so my girlfriend had to tell me that she'd got tickets for the Edinburgh night for my birthday! Seeing my fave band in a 2000 capacity venue combined with a city break.. my girlfriend is rather lovely!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, General Lee said:

Heard a new song on 6music earlier and I thought it was ZZ Top at first. Had mixed feeling on it so I'll have to listen again. 

It is a bit La Grange, yeah. But the Top are one of J.Ho's most prominent inspirations so it's bound to come out in some parts of his work.

It's not garnered as much discussion here as in the other parts of the forum but that interview with Denis Desmond off of Live Nation the other day said about Queens doing their own open air shows next summer. Still excited whenever I think about that - if they get to choose some pals to support then it'll be class.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

It's not garnered as much discussion here as in the other parts of the forum but that interview with Denis Desmond off of Live Nation the other day said about Queens doing their own open air shows next summer. Still excited whenever I think about that - if they get to choose some pals to support then it'll be class.

I know by 'shows' that probably means London and Scotland but I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed there's some round my end (right in the middle of them). I've never really traveled about to go to any of these massive shows though to be fair, maybe this'll be the time to break that.

Read a recent live review (here), seems they've recovered any mojo they might have lost after touring LC... for so long, I'm excited. Assumed they'd be headlining R/L next year or something, guess these live shows means that might not happen.

Still the second coolest dude in music/ever, confirmed here (how the hell does anyone have the restraint to stand behind their phone and watch that through a screen, it doesn't even annoy me anymore, just confuses me with stuff like this)

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

But what if it's BST tho