Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

I know that they're not playing this year, but I know these guys get a lot of love from loads on here. (apologies if the band already have a dedicated thread, I had a quick search but couldn't find one). 

An album teaser has just been released. The album is called "Villains" and there's a short snippet of a new song called "Feet Don't Fail Me". 

I hope to see these guys back on the farm in 2019.

• Upvote 2

Just posted about it in the new music thread but good idea starting a thread as there'll be plenty talking about this.

Produced by Mark Ronson, interestingly. Album title pretty much confirms Villains of Circumstance (look it up) will be on there and Highway 1 seems set to be on there too which is an old TCV cut.

Really hope a tour announcement comes alongside the album release date being revealed.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

Saw them sub Rage at Reading, it was "ok".  Saw them headline Other, it was amazing.  See them in the dark to see them at their best, it seems...those lasers!

Would love to see them return.

Seen them about a dozen times since Rated R days and that 08 Reading set was by far the worst. Very lacklustre performance.

Mark Ronson producing is really interesting. I feel like Smooth Sailing is maybe the closest of the past songs to what I'm expecting this to sound like. Could defo headline the other again but nothing more like that, and maybe they might coheadline Reading again but can't see them making the step up to outright headliners.

I saw a thing on Reddit that an Italian booking agency has teased big news wrt Queens tomorrow so that'd be an on sale date at Glasto if it's true and a whole European tour. On the plus side, in 2013 they sold out standing across their arena tour lickety-split so a few more venues this time I reckon.

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

Saw them sub Rage at Reading, it was "ok".  Saw them headline Other, it was amazing.  See them in the dark to see them at their best, it seems...those lasers!

Would love to see them return.

6 hours ago, tjamest said:

Seen them about a dozen times since Rated R days and that 08 Reading set was by far the worst. Very lacklustre performance.

Josh said they played a more downbeat set then out of respect to RATM. They wanted to ease people in to the main event of the evening.

That said, I still love that alternate version of Go With The Flow they started with.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I saw a thing on Reddit that an Italian booking agency has teased big news wrt Queens tomorrow so that'd be an on sale date at Glasto if it's true and a whole European tour. On the plus side, in 2013 they sold out standing across their arena tour lickety-split so a few more venues this time I reckon.

O2 Arena 21st Nov is up on See. A bit of a price increase since last time but to be expected with the economy - should still be under £50 for rest of UK I suppose.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

O2 Arena 21st Nov is up on See. A bit of a price increase since last time but to be expected with the economy - should still be under £50 for rest of UK I suppose.

Get the fuck in! On sale Wednesday 09.00. I'll be leaving for Glasto at 09.10 now.

@Tommy101 so that's Wolf Alice and Queens... I just need that LCD gig to be confirmed for the hat-trick. The WA and QOTSA gigs are even in the same week!

Edited by Hugh Jass