Free hot water?

Ollie9917

3 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

Hi all

Will we still be allowed to take in a gas stove this year?

Can we get free hot water on site for cous cous

cheers

Yes. There are no airline-style resrtictions and the list of banned items has not changed from previous years. Normal camping kit is perfectly allowed.

I doubt you'll get free hot water from any of the stalls, so if you need to cook, you'll need a stove.

On a related note: is anyone here planning on camping in/near the disabled campsite and taking a stove? I'll trade something for hot water 

I'll be carrying my sisters gear as well as my own, so need to pack light 

Edited by evannn

We tend to find that if you are buying a cup of tea and you also ask for a hot water you will often get it for free (my missus uses it to wash her face in).  Some stalls have wanted £2 before for a cup of hot water.

Best tactic I've found is to just ask "could I give you 50p for a cup of hot water" and they tend to say yes. I'm happy to pay 50p cos its reasonable.  Anything for 50p at Glastonbury seems reasonable.  Including a cheese slice.

4 hours ago, evannn said:

On a related note: is anyone here planning on camping in/near the disabled campsite and taking a stove? I'll trade something for hot water 

I'll be carrying my sisters gear as well as my own, so need to pack light 

Hot water is available in Spring Hill disabled campsite. :)