Football 17/18

TheGayTent

From what I saw of Inter, De Boer played a very stale boring possession based game. I would think he's going to need quite a few signings as Palace seemed very reliant on Zaha and Benteke last year and I'm not sure they will fit with that system.

9 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I'm shocked Palace have got De Boer. I thought he'd take on a bigger club for sure.

The tv money in the PL means a lower mid table Prem team is considered more lucrative than a big club from abroad. Sad but these are the times.

14 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Shrewsbury looking to implement safe standing, great news and hope more follow.

Read you can fit 1.8 people standing into a space for 1 seat.

Maybe they will use the extra revenue to reduce ticket prices lol

I stand most weeks and much prefer it.

25 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Read you can fit 1.8 people standing into a space for 1 seat.

Maybe they will use the extra revenue to reduce ticket prices lol

I stand most weeks and much prefer it.

At the lower level I doubt it will increase attendances significantly but will improve the experience and atmosphere. In my view there is nothing unsafe about standing in football matches. While we should learn from tragedys like Hillsborough the lesson should not be that standing is not safe.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

At the lower level I doubt it will increase attendances significantly but will improve the experience and atmosphere. In my view there is nothing unsafe about standing in football matches. While we should learn from tragedys like Hillsborough the lesson should not be that standing is not safe.

Aye sorry I was getting ahead of myself. I mean if....we see this in the EPL. Already happening in SPL.

Had my 2 youngest at the England game at Hampden. Nobody sits down apart from at half time so weans have to stand on seats to see. Bonkers.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:48 PM, pink_triangle said:

We (West Brom) are very keen to pilot it in the Premier League.

I'd love to see it introduced, been to a few grounds in Germany where they have it and it works brilliantly. No reason why it can't be implemented in England.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

No reason why it can't be implemented in England.

yup, I agree. It was banned at time when grounds were poorly designed and with a low culture towards health & safety in general.

Talking of which (and without trying to excuse anything they've done), I feel a little sorry for the geezers going to court for hillsboro, cos it's impossible for their actions to not be considered by today's culture rather than lower culture of the time. I'd say there's a higher chance of them being guilty in court now than there would have been if they'd ended up in court at that time with all the same evidence.

(still, it almost seems fair enough that the cover-up hits them harder ;))

16 hours ago, Chinaski_ said:

£25m for Michael Keane? I know the figures are bonkers now, but all that fee gets you now is one half decent season in the PL. 

There are rumours Lukaku to Chelsea as fallen through as well. I hope we've kept the receipts for these signings :D

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

if dik van dyke is £65M, that's a bargain. :P

That's ridiculous obviously, but I think he signed a 5 year deal. Keane has 12 months left and could leave on a free next summer.

6 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

That's ridiculous obviously, but I think he signed a 5 year deal. Keane has 12 months left and could leave on a free next summer.

ok, try Sakho for £30m (contract till 2020). Still makes Keane a bargain.

(and I quite rate Sakho).

Edited by eFestivals

the missus was a bit put out having to watch footie last night.

She reckoned footie would be more interesting - she said she'd happily watch it - if footie had theme weeks.

So one week you might have the players on roller skates, and the next week they'd be dressed as their favourite muppet. The next week they might have to play when wearing skis, and the week after they might have to wear a deep sea divers costume.

I suggested that she writes to FIFA to see what they think of the idea.

:P

Edited by eFestivals