Football 17/18

TheGayTent

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Gutter press..

sterlings has had a tattoo done, wow news worthy.

how else are the sun and mail going to find an excuse to hound a successful black football player?

( because it seems really obvious thats the only reason they constantly pick on sterling)

Copying the german far right

Edited by zahidf

Im not sure if this me taking the daily mail view or somewhere in the middle. If I was Sterlings advisor I would have told him not to have the tatoo. Footballers are role models to kids and I dont think its something that I would want to encourage. If Sterling wants to remember the incident there are other places to put a tattoo, or other ways to remember the incident. I would encourage Wrexham players (white or black) not to have a similar tattoo in similar circumstances and they are under far less scrutiny.

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

how else are the sun and mail going to find an excuse to hound a successful black football player?

( because it seems really obvious thats the only reason they constantly pick on sterling)

yeah, because a prominent white player having a machine gun tattoo would get no condemnation, right...? :lol:

There's certainly some racism around this issue, but definitely not with the machine gun tattoo of a prominent player being mentioned in newspapers.

Just now, eFestivals said:

yeah, because a prominent white player having a machine gun tattoo would get no condemnation, right...? :lol:

There's certainly some racism around this issue, but definitely not with the machine gun tattoo of a prominent player being mentioned in newspapers.

Sterling is definitely picked on a LOT more than his england team mates and in terms of his race as well.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Sterling is definitely picked on a LOT more than his england team mates and in terms of his race as well.

Perhaps.

And perhaps this isn't one of those times?

Go on, tell me with a straight face that they'd be no comment about (say) Harry Kane having a machine-gun tattoo.

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Im not sure if this me taking the daily mail view or somewhere in the middle. If I was Sterlings advisor I would have told him not to have the tatoo. Footballers are role models to kids and I dont think its something that I would want to encourage. If Sterling wants to remember the incident there are other places to put a tattoo, or other ways to remember the incident. I would encourage Wrexham players (white or black) not to have a similar tattoo in similar circumstances and they are under far less scrutiny.

its about his dead dad who was murdered when he was very young. Maybe some of his fans have similar stories and may see him as a good example to follow?

And it isnt prominent, the Sun did an extreme close up of it. it will be covered up by socks/trousers anyway. and its unfinished. And its up to him how to commemorates his dad

Edited by zahidf

you dont think his reasoning is good enough?

to put against a story of a prominent player having a machine-gun tattoo, no.

If he wants to be taken seriously he needs to give an example that makes his point stand up, not one where it doesn't.

(edit: the 'he' I'm referring to there is the guy who made those tweets, to be clear)

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Perhaps.

And perhaps this isn't one of those times?

Go on, tell me with a straight face that they'd be no comment about (say) Harry Kane having a machine-gun tattoo.

perhaps? around 14+ examples here

Edited by zahidf

Just now, eFestivals said:

to put against a story of a prominent player having a machine-gun tattoo, no.

If he wants to be taken seriously he needs to give an example that makes his point stand up, not one where it doesn't.

i mean sterlings explanantion for his unfinished tattoo

i mean sterlings explanantion for his unfinished tattoo

Sterling can give whatever reason he wants for the tattoo.

It's nothing racist to reject his reasoning and think he's a twat for having a tattoo of a weapon of death.

Unless you can tell me how it is...? Can you?

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

perhaps .... oh, no perhaps.

if Harry kane had a tatto of a gun? i think they would give him the benefit of the doubt and ask him. and take his explanation at face value. And have a 8 page profile on how brave he has been having to cope with the death if his father at such a young age

Edited by zahidf

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Sterling can give whatever reason he wants for the tattoo.

It's nothing racist to reject his reasoning and think he's a twat for having a tattoo of a weapon of death.

Unless you can tell me how it is...? Can you?

because they treat black england players differently to how they treat white ones

Or are you saying thats not true? because there are numerous examples of it (e.g, sterling always gets questioned more about how he spends his money compared to Kane)

Just now, zahidf said:

if Harry kane had a tatto of a gun? i think they would give him the benefit of the doubt and ask him. And have a 8 page profile on how brave he has been having to cope with the death if his father at such a young age

Then perhaps the racism is yours, in thinking white people would approve of white people having gun tattoos but not black people?

Cos this white guy thinks anyone having a machine gun tattoo is a twat.

Just now, zahidf said:

because they treat black england players differently to how they treat white ones

:rolleyes:

That may or may not be true.

The question is: is it true in this case?

And i reckon anyone having a gun tattoo would and should be regarded as the same twat.

Just now, zahidf said:

Or are you saying thats not true? because there are numerous examples of it (e.g, sterling always gets questioned more about how he spends his money compared to Kane)

You need to make your specific accusation stand up, not use whataboutery of other things you didn't say. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Then perhaps the racism is yours, in thinking white people would approve of white people having gun tattoos but not black people?

Cos this white guy thinks anyone having a machine gun tattoo is a twat.

so you dont think sterlings message is good enough then?

Are all gun tattos automatically off limits?

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

:rolleyes:

That may or may not be true.

The question is: is it true in this case?

And i reckon anyone having a gun tattoo would and should be regarded as the same twat.

You need to make your specific accusation stand up, not use whataboutery of other things you didn't say. :rolleyes:

its not whataboutery. The racism in the way certain sections of the press treat sterling is relevant to this particular instance. I dont think you can seperate it.

and i think its up to him how he wants to commemorate his dad

Edited by zahidf

Just now, zahidf said:

so you dont think sterlings message is good enough then?

Sterling can justify it to himself however he wants. :rolleyes:

Other people can form an opinion on what Sterling says. To do so is not (by default) racist.

Just now, zahidf said:

Are all gun tattos automatically off limits?

To me, yes. I'd consider anyone having one the same twat.

If you want to free-pass people on the colour of their skin, fair enough, but that makes you what you condemn.