Football 17/18

TheGayTent

42 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Yep. Wouldn’t bother me if they just showed the 90 minutes but I enjoyed the build up last night. Watched from 6pm last night and made it more of an “event”. 

All the pundits added something with chat about their own experiences from these type of big games. Built the excitement quite nicely. Think BT do a good job of covering the champs league. Goals show in group stages a particular highlight for me.

All the pundits spoke pre match about how they had suffered from losing concentration in big games when younger, Ferdinands example was v Brazil in World Cup quarters, and warned of the dangers of this for some of Liverpool’s youngsters.....

I didn't see the build up. I guess it's down to personal opinion. I would prefer more tactical discussion,but maybe I'm the strange one.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the opposite, keeper mistakes are discussed more than any position on the pitch.

Course and rightly so but I was referring more to the pity they get. Although of course its impossible not to feel sorry for Karius, I'm with Roy Keane on this one. Its his job. Do you congratulate the postman for delivering the post?

33 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Course and rightly so but I was referring more to the pity they get. Although of course its impossible not to feel sorry for Karius, I'm with Roy Keane on this one. Its his job. Do you congratulate the postman for delivering the post?

I disagree with Keane as it’s just not a normal job. On that basis should we not congratulate Bale for scoring because we don’t congratulate those who empty our bins?

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I disagree with Keane as it’s just not a normal job. On that basis should we not congratulate Bale for scoring because we don’t congratulate those who empty our bins?

Not the same thing. Keepers not saving shots that are hit straight at them is worthy of criticism more than pity. Its just poor.

Not to mention the first goal!

47 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not the same thing. Keepers not saving shots that are hit straight at them is worthy of criticism more than pity. Its just poor.

I didnt say it wasnt worthy of criticism, I think you can criticise and feel pity. The postman delivers the letter through the wrong letter box, the occupant probably picks it up, takes it to the right place and nobody notices. Karius makes his mistakes in front of millions.

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

You can criticise, I don't think anyone would say you shouldn't but, on a human level, you have to feel for Karius. It will haunt him for the rest of his life. 

I think Klopp should come in for criticism as well. Liverpool have needed a new keeper for ages. Most have known for ages that Karius is not good enough to be Liverpool's number 1. 

16 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

You can criticise, I don't think anyone would say you shouldn't but, on a human level, you have to feel for Karius. It will haunt him for the rest of his life. 

I think Klopp should come in for criticism as well. Liverpool have needed a new keeper for ages. Most have known for ages that Karius is not good enough to be Liverpool's number 1. 

I think Liverpool would have lost without the Karius mistakes. To me the turning points were Salah injury and Bale Wonder goal. Note I think there is a good chance Liverpool would have lost without both.

13 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I don't really agree with this. Top quality keepers are hard to buy and before this game the faith showed in Karius by Klopp seemed to be justified. There's been plenty of plans to buy a keeper this summer, but Liverpool reached the final are secured CL in part due to Karius. He lost his head on the biggest occasion but there was no way to know and respond to that sooner.

54 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I win £166 if Exeter win the league 2 playoff final tomorrow. Before the playoffs started I did a £5 accumulator on Fulham, Rotherham and Exeter all to lift the trophy. Fingers crossed... 

Good luck. I do like Exeter. I always play as them on Football Manager.

Liverpool really don’t take defeats well do they? Leaving there goalie in isolation, death threats, petition asking for Ramos to be punished reaching nearly 200k and ex Brookside actors calling Ramos out for a fight. 

You just have to chuckle sometimes. YNWA

DeMN1piWsAASNt2?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by thetime

Back from another loss at wembley 4th time now....what a season for Shrewsbury though, never in a million years did i think we would of got that close to the championship. Wont happen again i think. Just didnt turn up. Really really really hate wembley 

55 minutes ago, pryce said:

Back from another loss at wembley 4th time now....what a season for Shrewsbury though, never in a million years did i think we would of got that close to the championship. Wont happen again i think. Just didnt turn up. Really really really hate wembley 

I thought they said 6 on the tv? Watched most of the game yesterday and it would have been robbery if Rotherham had lost. I was impressed with how Shrewsbury kept fighting.

5 times in total 4th ive been too. 

Yeah they fully deserved it and there was only going to be one winner in extra time, our players were spent could hardly run in a straight line a few of them. To top it off we were in the sun for the entire 2 1/2 hours! Never been hotter! Sore this morning! 

22 minutes ago, pryce said:

5 times in total 4th ive been too. 

Yeah they fully deserved it and there was only going to be one winner in extra time, our players were spent could hardly run in a straight line a few of them. To top it off we were in the sun for the entire 2 1/2 hours! Never been hotter! Sore this morning! 

Did you deserve to win any of the 5 based on the individual games. I saw the 2 finals this season and you didn't really show up either time.

At the end Hurst was talking about the big advantage the relegated teams have. I know that is the case this year, but has it been a regular thing?

Dont think so, cant see Burton going straight back up. But Barnsley and sunderland should i imagine. They do get patachute payments though i think which especially in the lower leagues is a huge advantage. Wigan had a player on more than the entire shrews team combined. We performed well against bristol rovers but they had a far better squad. The other 3 games we didnt turn up. When we equalised though ive never experienced joy like it ha! My dad went beserk so will never forget that