Football 17/18

TheGayTent

4 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Statements he made sounds like he wants to stay in London, but wants Chelsea to show some intent in getting big trophies. Pretty fair stance really, and doesn't sound like he's gonna force a move.

I guess it's not completely up to him. There are only a few clubs that could afford him outside the premiership and they may not be interested.

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Fellani, the player so integral to Moaniho's plans that Moaniho is letting him leave.

Hey, I wonder how the geezer in the vid Nal posted coped with losing on Saturday. :P

ha! its because inter milan are offering him 120k and a 3 year contract, and utd are offering 100k and a 1 year contract

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Emery may be in for the Arsenal job now

Yeah, he's in London for talks. Arteta still favourite though.

Two very different candidates. You can't argue with Emery's CV, he's done it at both low league clubs and top clubs. He doesn't really play the progressive, exciting football that that Arsenal board want though.

Mourinho's treatment of certain players is staggering. He's hung Rashford out to dry a few times this season.

Saw on twitter that of his signings:

Mkhitaryan - sold
Ibrahimovic - Left
Bailly - Seemingly being frozen out despite being their best defender
Lindelof - Not a frequent starter, don't think he made the cup final 18?
Pogba - Very hit and miss
Lukaku - Had a pop at him a few times, including calling him "weak" in the final
Matic - He seems to be pretty happy with him to be fair

With this kind of record on his transfers I'm surprised United fans want him to spend hundreds of millions again this summer.

Mkhitaryan - sold - Was fairly crap. 
Ibrahimovic - Left - Rightly so. Always a short term deal. 
Bailly - Seemingly being frozen out despite being their best defender - He'll be the man next year.
Lindelof - Not a frequent starter, don't think he made the cup final 18? - Very average
Pogba - Very hit and miss - The most frustrating footballer in the world. 
Lukaku - Had a pop at him a few times, including calling him "weak" in the final. Great first season. 
Matic - He seems to be pretty happy with him to be fair. Yeah, but a limited player. Hes no Carrick. 

Very hit and miss in general, like Mourinhos two seasons at the club. 

But a solid 2nd on 81 points is a huge improvement from averaging 2 shots per game and Phil Jones taking corners. 

Anyway, really looking forward to the final on Saturday. Everyone looks to be fit for both teams?

Edited by The Nal

Just seen Nainggolan isn't in the Belgium squad, but they are taking Chadli and Januzaj, plus a fourth keeper. They've got some quality players and are gonna be tough in the group but really don't get how Martinez decided on that. 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

as far as I know they are, and fingers crossed they are. Want it to be the spectacle the players involved suggest it could be.

I guess you'll be cheering on Real?

Nah. Not particularly a big Real fan. Just want to see a good game! Which I'm sure it will be. 

Madrid seem to be favourites everywhere which is surprising.