Football 17/18

TheGayTent

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't know about them as a comparison. I don't think Ali or Hazard had a very good season this year.

Good time for Real to swoop in for Hazard. Hes 27, decent 4 year contract and silly money per week. Madrid are in dire need of a refresh. 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

people still say Kane is a one season wonder (adding a season every year) :-) 

The trouble with discussion about Kane is people have tended to oversimplify him as being either a one season wonder or world class. To me he is somewhere between, he is a top class forward but still lacking consistency in big games.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The trouble with discussion about Kane is people have tended to oversimplify him as being either a one season wonder or world class. To me he is somewhere between, he is a top class forward but still lacking consistency in big games.

you can say that for most strikers. Hes def one of the TOP premiere league strikers and compares very well worldwide (top 10 probably)

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't know about them as a comparison. I don't think Ali or Hazard had a very good season this year.

that was point. They had excellent seasons last year!

And they still scored lots of goals and assists. just not as good as last season

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

that was point. They had excellent seasons last year!

And they still scored lots of goals and assists. just not as good as last season

I was thinking more about players following excellent seasons with very good ones. As opposed to being one season wonders or best in the world.

If Salah just has a very good season next year, I wouldn't necessarily think he is regressing as a player.

i guess most of you guys on here didn't follow the battle to stay in the bottom division of the Scottish league. it saw Cove Rangers who won the Highland League  (ahead of Iverurie Locos & Forres Mechanics amongst others) taking on Cowdenbeath who for the second year running finished bottom of the Scottish Second Division.

The first leg was goalless and uneventful - the second leg wasn't. With the score at 2-2 Cowdenbeath grabbed a late winner in controversial circumstances with Cove claiming their keeper was fouled in the build up. Tempers flared in stoppage time with a full scale brawl breaking out resulting in Cove ending the game with 8 players and both managers also red carded.

To say Cove felt somewhat aggrieved  would be an understatement. Their facebook page appears to record the score quite dispassionately...

image.png.fee4a7b4e60daf0a303f64498ef9bc64.png

Unfortunately, whoever runs the page didn't realise that with a couple of clicks you can view the edit history on facebook posts.

image.png.3a69c7f145ff99aaabc74c9b505f44ea.png

Oh dear ?

17 minutes ago, mjsell said:

No space for Lacazette, Martial or Laporte in France's world cup squad. Over 120m worth sitting at home.

The depth of the France squad is ridiculous. Bit surprised about laporte, but the attack is still full of quality.

1 hour ago, Dan R said:

The depth of the France squad is ridiculous. Bit surprised about laporte, but the attack is still full of quality.

Interestingly Laporte has never actually played for France. He was looking into applying to be able to play for Spain back in 2016 but then got called up to the french squad for a couple of qualifiers, but he never got off the bench and hasnt been back in the squad since.

15 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Nah. Libpool have had a blast this year. 

Yep, and losing the Chumps final to Real (if that's what happens) is no shame.

I know a few clubs that'd pay big money to swap with liverpool right now. :P

----

So anyway, tomorrow: the country gets bored to death with one of two different choices. w*nkers either way. :D

35 minutes ago, thetime said:

Standards I suppose, when did Liverpool get to a point of winning nowt and it being a successful season. 

Can't say about it being successful or not but I've really enjoyed watching and supporting Liverpool this year. Losing would be devastating but doesn't mean the rest of the season was any less enjoyable.

Plus I think most people have seen progress and Liverpool are a lot of people's picks to be one of Man City's biggest challengers for the title next year. 

Edited by Dan R

41 minutes ago, thetime said:

Standards I suppose, when did Liverpool get to a point of winning nowt and it being a successful season. 

Im not going to rattle off the reasons again. We're a minnow in comparison to Utd and the oil money teams.