Football 17/18

TheGayTent

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Why not?

Common knowledge that he suffered from depression after his little lad passed away. Himself and his missus went through that lengthy inquest with few answers. Hardly seems right to use that against him...

40 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Common knowledge that he suffered from depression after his little lad passed away. Himself and his missus went through that lengthy inquest with few answers. Hardly seems right to use that against him...

Oh it was related to that. All I knew about that was him and that fan having an altercation.

11 hours ago, jyoung said:

SSN reporting no place in the squad for Hart...

Finally. He's been trading on past glories for the best part of four years. 

Not quite picked myself up after Derby's disaster yesterday. But this did bring a sense of normality to the world. 

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Looking at the likely central midfield options for England - Henderson, Delph, Dier, Livermore, RLC... it hardly screams "dynamic" does it?

I'd say Liverpool have proved this season that you don't necessarily need a dynamic midfield.

(and perhaps that's where England have been going wrong with trying to have one in the past?)

Not entirely sure it'd work out, but then again there's sterling, vardy, etc - who could give the speed up-front.

46 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Any rumours of whos in next?

Shouldn’t be too hard to guess. Rule out anyone successful who would command a high salary and demand a high transfer/wage budget, and rule out anyone currently in a job who Sullivan/Gold would have to pay compensation to buy them out of their contract. 

Goalkeepers: Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope.

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Gary Cahill, Fabian Delph, Phil Jones, Harry Maguire, Danny Rose, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ashley Young.

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Eric Dier, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard, Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Forwards: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Jamie Vardy, Danny Welbeck.

Stand-by: Tom Heaton, James Tarkowski, Lewis Cook, Jake Livemore and Adam Lallana.

Honestly what's the point in taking Delph? Hasn't played in midfield all season, and to my knowledge has never played LWB. So he's going in a position we don't even use and is presumably the 3rd choice for that position anyway.

Would definitely have taken Wilshere in his place (would have taken Lallana or Ox over him if they were fit), seeing as he can actually offer something to the team.

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Forwards: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Raheem Sterling, Jamie Vardy, Danny Welbeck.

I'd love to see a front 3 of Rashford, Sterling, and Vardy being tried instead of Kane. I reckon those three could rip up a few defences.

Edited by eFestivals

Southgate must be going with the 3 at the back with that squad. Stacked with defenders. Not a playmaker in sight which is a big worry. Where is the creativity going to come from? 

I am glad to see Luftus-Cheek in there. Good option off the bench as he is very direct.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I'd love to see a front 3 of Rashford, Sterling, and Vardy being tried instead of Kane. I reckon those three could rip up a few defences.

None of those players would hold the ball up well. We would keep losing possession. 

Got to start Kane up front in my opinion. Our only truly world class player.