Football 17/18

TheGayTent

One couldn't have that young Dutch team not progress. They were supposed to spank Ireland 10-0..........

Utter farce TBH and nothing at all will be done about. Have to feel so sorry for the young keeper (and all the lads involved). Perfectly good save and very much the type of save we see all the time when it comes to peno saving. Thinks he has won it for his country and he gets sent off? Thats gotta hurt a hell of a lot and im sure they are all well angry with that.

Nearly as bad as Henry's handball, what? ;) 

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

One couldn't have that young Dutch team not progress. They were supposed to spank Ireland 10-0..........

Utter farce TBH and nothing at all will be done about. Have to feel so sorry for the young keeper (and all the lads involved). Perfectly good save and very much the type of save we see all the time when it comes to peno saving. Thinks he has won it for his country and he gets sent off? Thats gotta hurt a hell of a lot and im sure they are all well angry with that.

Nearly as bad as Henry's handball, what? ;) 

Keepers off the line is the last thing that needs sorting with penalties anyway. Need to stop the bullshit stop/start thing players do when taking one. Should be one swift motion.

Shelvey to miss out on England squad because of his disciplinary record and fears he won't be a good "Tourist". 

Livermore tested positive for Cocaine use and wasn't exactly a great "Tourist" with WBA when he stole a taxi.

Dele Ali has an appalling attitude but gets away with everything because he already is an England international. 

30 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Shelvey to miss out on England squad because of his disciplinary record and fears he won't be a good "Tourist". 

Livermore tested positive for Cocaine use and wasn't exactly a great "Tourist" with WBA when he stole a taxi.

Dele Ali has an appalling attitude but gets away with everything because he already is an England international. 

No yellows in 2018 impressively.

Tbh, I don't think Shelvey's disciplinary record is the biggest concern, it's that he sometimes goes completely missing in games, doing absolutely nothing except misplacing the odd long pass. He's had a great 4 months and I'd have taken him because he offers something different, but there's a good reason he's been shipped off by two teams before he ended up at Newcastle.

36 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

No real need to bring up the cocaine thing imo ... If Shelvey was as good as Dele, he'd get a call up. I do think he'd add more to the squad than Livermore tho.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I always find the hype about squad announcements a bit strange.  For all the nations people know the bulk of the squad and those battling for the last few places are probably not going to get much playing time.

I wouldn't say the bulk of the squad is set in stone for England. Lots of players that are a similar ability. Agree that most nations are more clear cut though.

Speculating who is going to be in the squad is just a symptom of being excited for the world cup. 

6 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I wouldn't say the bulk of the squad is set in stone for England. Lots of players that are a similar ability. Agree that most nations are more clear cut though.

Speculating who is going to be in the squad is just a symptom of being excited for the world cup. 

If there are lots of players of similar ability surely it matters little which ones you take. It’s like  the talk of Delph v Young to me it doesn’t matter one way or the other.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

If there are lots of players of similar ability surely it matters little which ones you take. It’s like  the talk of Delph v Young to me it doesn’t matter one way or the other.

It means there is more scope for a discussion about the squad. If it was clear cut, there would be barely be a discussion to be had.