Football 17/18

TheGayTent

Mad how this thread was going mad (Heysel digs and all) about bottles being thrown at a reinforced coach but when some innocent bystanders get attacked smashed with some hammers, putting one in a critical condition, it doesn’t get a mention. 

That’s not justifying the coach by the way. But was some of that outrage, by any chance, tribal?

Edited by strummer77

43 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Mad how this thread was going mad (Heysel digs and all) about bottles being thrown at a reinforced coach but when some innocent bystanders get attacked smashed with some hammers, putting one in a critical condition, it doesn’t get a mention. 

That’s not justifying the coach by the way. But was some of that outrage, by any chance, tribal?

The Klopp-out shower ain't happy mate.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

It’s crazy that Liverpool are so good going forward and great at the back,still can’t finish above a bang average united or challenge city.

they had a shit start to the season, and never really got going till the end of October.

I suspect it might be rather different next season, as long as they hang on to everyone this summer (which is looking good so far, bar perhaps Can).

Last night was a strange one - I've never felt annoyed at winning a game 5-2 before. Henderson outplayed people like De Rossi, Nainggolan and Strootman. Words I never thought I would type or say.

As for this stat that Roma haven't conceded at home in the Champions League... that is only 5 games. In the league they have lost 7 games this season, 6 of those being at home. 

Their defending last night was so un-Italian it was shocking.

I think one goal at the Olimpico will kill off the tie.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Salah clearly Libpool's best defender. Concede 4 in the last 2 games after he's gone off.

Tbh I reckon it's more to do with masses of injuries in midfield meaning there's no-one with any fresh legs by the end. Think there's gonna be a few academy players in the next few PL squads.

10 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Tbh I reckon it's more to do with masses of injuries in midfield meaning there's no-one with any fresh legs by the end. Think there's gonna be a few academy players in the next few PL squads.

Well said. LFC now have 11 players for the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Ah come off it. Didn't want to bring it up but now that you have, lets face it, both sets of fans were at it. 

Thats according to Merseyside police anyway. And the videos.

47 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

As for this stat that Roma haven't conceded at home in the Champions League... that is only 5 games. In the league they have lost 7 games this season, 6 of those being at home. 

They have placed Barca, Chelsea and Atletico in the CL though. 

But I agree a goal will do it. And Liverpool will score. Salah will score. 

Edited by The Nal

No. Not by me anyway.

There was recent direct correlation between the coach instance in Liverpool and the one at the Boleyn involving the Man Utd coach. 

Unfortunately we’ve never played a European Cup match at home and therefore, fortunately, not been involved in trouble with rampaging Roma fans to be able to compare. 

Edited by TheGayTent

5 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

No. Not by me anyway.

There was recent direct correlation between the coach instance in Liverpool and the one at the Boleyn involving the Man Utd coach. 

Unfortunately we’ve never played a European Cup match at home and therefore, fortunately, not been involved in trouble with rampaging Roma fans to be able to compare. 

Yeah that's fair enough.

According to Dan Roan Roma fans "stabbed 6 Liverpool supporters in 2001, & then targeted Middlesbrough’s fans in 2006, Manchester United’s in 2007, Arsenal’s in 2009 & Chelsea’s last year"

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Ah come off it. Didn't want to bring it up but now that you have, lets face it, both sets of fans were at it. 

Thats according to Merseyside police anyway. And the videos.

I was there, and there were absolutely no home 'at it' - or fans attacking Roma fans. The lads got jumped on the Walton Breck Road by the Kop.

Edited by strummer77

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Where’s the examples of the LFC fans with weapons and hoods attacking Roma fans Nal. Look forward to the pics/vids/reports.

There aren't any, because it is absolute bollocks to claim otherwise. There's a couple of English lads arrested for affray/assault (but no details, assume there's a fair number of these across the country most weeks), one for having cocaine on him and one for being drunk.

Then there's 5 Italians arrested (that they managed to catch I assume out of that group of 20+ on film) - two for attempted murder and two for offensive weapons. Mad it's being made out these are skirmishes rather than straight up assaults.

Edited by strummer77

7 hours ago, jyoung said:

5ae047d4ba473_Screenshot(10).png.4a93f1ccd8789315a7087e0f316c30b2.png

Whats really mad is that Man City have only conceded twice from set pieces all season and not one from a pen. Man United excellent in open play!

Guardiola has a thing about his teams should make a huge effort to not concede corners. It's a big reason his teams don't concede many from set pieces, as they don't give many away.

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Where’s the examples of the LFC fans with weapons and hoods attacking Roma fans Nal. Look forward to the pics/vids/reports.

There aren't any. I never claimed there were. 

There aren't any, because it is absolute bollocks to claim otherwise. There's a couple of English lads arrested for affray/assault (but no details, assume there's a fair number of these across the country most weeks), one for having cocaine on him and one for being drunk.

Then there's 5 Italians arrested (that they managed to catch I assume out of that group of 20+ on film) - two for attempted murder and two for offensive weapons. Mad it's being made out these are skirmishes rather than straight up assaults.

The Roma fans 100% assaulted people, which is why two have been charged with attempted murder. 

I'm only going by the vids I've seen, Roma and LFC fans fighting, Roma fans starting it but LFC fans charging in retaliation (with no hammers) and the Merseyside Police: “A minority of fans from both Liverpool and Roma were involved in isolated pockets of disorder in the city centre and near to the ground."

I'm not having a "tribal" pop at LFC fans, who were clearly provoked. But ultimately involved. And that poor lad is fighting for his life. The Roma ultras are the scum of the earth.

I didn't mention it because didn't want to start another "oh LFC fans" thing but ho hum. For the record I'd imagine fans of any club would've reacted the same way. 

I've no idea why the police let them near each other?

Guardiola has a thing about his teams should make a huge effort to not concede corners. It's a big reason his teams don't concede many from set pieces, as they don't give many away.

Amazing that they've conceded none from penalties considering a lot of play going into their box has been from counters and so on. Its not like other sides have been camped in and around their box. 

Edited by The Nal