Football 17/18

TheGayTent

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Talking about bottling Wrexham are the national league bottlers. After being in the play offs all season we have taken 2 from 18 and completely blown it.

And to make it worse tranmere are well in there. Typical of WFC though as I thought they were having a good season. 

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m usually a big fan of Klopp’s but his post match comments were pretty twattish. How dare we not prepare the pitch in a manner that allows them to beat us...

For the absolute shitshow thus season is been it's pretty funny that we’ve played Liverpool three times and not lost.

Sounds like he's taken a leaf of the Mourinho playbook, make outlandish statement to draw attention away from players playing poorly. 

Can't say I'll miss west Brom when they go down, you always seem to get a result against us. Yestersay really didn't look like the abject team they've been all season.

16 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Talking about bottling Wrexham are the national league bottlers. After being in the play offs all season we have taken 2 from 18 and completely blown it.

This talk of bottling is making me nervous. Blew it last week and since then Raith have won twice to go top. We’re up at Alloa today for a 4.10 kick off( game on bbc alba ) No trains so I have to drive so no beer to help with the nerves. Need 4 points from today and next week to be champions and get promoted. Defeat today and it’s out of our hands.

Top goal scorer sent of last week so his season is over. 

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m usually a big fan of Klopp’s but his post match comments were pretty twattish. How dare we not prepare the pitch in a manner that allows them to beat us...

I like what Klopp has done with Liverpool this season but his comments post match remind me why I've never rated him as world class. Any loss or draw is blamed on external factors... He rarely takes responsibility for the result when it isn't a win.

30 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

This talk of bottling is making me nervous. Blew it last week and since then Raith have won twice to go top. We’re up at Alloa today for a 4.10 kick off( game on bbc alba ) No trains so I have to drive so no beer to help with the nerves. Need 4 points from today and next week to be champions and get promoted. Defeat today and it’s out of our hands.

Our record of bringing in mediocrity from scotland has continued with David Raven who I thought may do well. I'm sure you have some decent players up there, we just can't find them!

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

I like what Klopp has done with Liverpool this season but his comments post match remind me why I've never rated him as world class. Any loss or draw is blamed on external factors... He rarely takes responsibility for the result when it isn't a win.

By this definition Mourinho isn’t and never has been world class. 

Edited by strummer77
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

By this definition Mourinho isn’t and never has been world class. 

Mourinho may br a master of deflection but there have been plenty of occasions at Chelsea where he held his hands up and said we deserved to lose. 

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

He also said West Brom drawing was a waste of points because theyre already down. Hes as capable of talking shit as any other manager. 

Has a point about the dry pitch though. 

5 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Oh Comfy! :( 

That penalty miss. 

For those despairing of their teams performance this season, just be glad you aren't a Brechin City fan!!

They haven't won a game all season,  "secured" relegation on the 24th March and are currently on a 14 (yes fourteen !) game losing streak. Astonishingly, they still have the same manager they started the season with!!

Their final game of the season is at home against Queen of the South next Saturday. Say a little prayer for them.

image.png.0c2d5710b64412a78ddc27e1c1c76c98.png

image.png.48ba301ed46b0910c973e7e1a3a09fa9.png

Edited by LJS

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

He also said West Brom drawing was a waste of points because theyre already down. Hes as capable of talking shit as any other manager. 

Has a point about the dry pitch though. 

The full context of the comment about points made more sense. It was a waste of points.

1 hour ago, LJS said:

Oh Comfy! :( 

That penalty miss. 

For those despairing of their teams performance this season, just be glad you aren't a Brechin City fan!!

They haven't won a game all season,  "secured" relegation on the 24th March and are currently on a 14 (yes fourteen !) game losing streak. Astonishingly, they still have the same manager they started the season with!!

Their final game of the season is at home against Queen of the South next Saturday. Say a little prayer for them.

image.png.0c2d5710b64412a78ddc27e1c1c76c98.png

image.png.48ba301ed46b0910c973e7e1a3a09fa9.png

I think I read that they have lost quite a lot of games by 1 goal, how did they manage to go up last season?

In my dismay about wrexham end of season collapse, I started to think if I may support the worst team of those who post on here. However I wonder if that honour actually belongs to you?

47 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think I read that they have lost quite a lot of games by 1 goal,

You must be thinking of someone else. In their last 10 games they have scored 1 goal & conceded 29.

47 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

how did they manage to go up last season?

They went up via the play offs although they were only 4th in the league.. I think the Scottish championship is probably above their level. They will, i would imagine be one of only 2 or 3 part time teams in their league. They do however have a very fine hedge running along one side of their ground.

In my dismay about wrexham end of season collapse, I started to think if I may support the worst team of those who post on here. However I wonder if that honour actually belongs to you?

I don't support Brechin. Although my team is odds on for relegation back to the bottom rung of Scottish football after one of our occasional short sojourns in a higher league. Our only chance of survival depends in part, on comfy's team winning next weekend.

We are, however the oldest team in Scotland, invented half time & the crossbar & are the only amateur team playing senior football in the UK. This keeps my expectations low.

4 minutes ago, LJS said:

You must be thinking of someone else. In their last 10 games they have scored 1 goal & conceded 29.

They went up via the play offs although they were only 4th in the league.. I think the Scottish championship is probably above their level. They will, i would imagine be one of only 2 or 3 part time teams in their league. They do however have a very fine hedge running along one side of their ground.

I don't support Brechin. Although my team is odds on for relegation back to the bottom rung of Scottish football after one of our occasional short sojourns in a higher league. Our only chance of survival depends in part, on comfy's team winning next weekend.

We are, however the oldest team in Scotland, invented half time & the crossbar & are the only amateur team playing senior football in the UK. This keeps my expectations low.

Good for them not sacking their manager, nice to see some loyalty in football. I know you don’t support Brechin, but my memory told me that your team is worse than comfy.

14 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Good for them not sacking their manager, nice to see some loyalty in football. I know you don’t support Brechin, but my memory told me that your team is worse than comfy.

That is true. 

I may well have the privilege of supporting the "worst" team of the posters on here. 

I prefer not to be burdened with the expectation of winning entry competition we enter.

The closer this Roma game gets the more nervous I am getting. I've seen a lot of arrogance on twitter.. .fans speaking as if we are already through to the final. I really hope that kind of attitude doesn't filter through to the players as we will be in for a beating if it does.

2-1 LFC for me. Making for a horrendous second leg.