Football 17/18

TheGayTent

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Did the same against Wolves last week? He's cracking under the pressure. They're still right up there with a game in hand and could be back in the automatic spot but they've seen the gap shorten recently. Much rather Fulham come up tbh.

As much as I don't rate our Derby team. Would love to beat Cardiff in their game in hand. 

Some bizarre off the field rivalry between players (see Morrison video) could cause for a tasty play off battle (IF we get there)

7 minutes ago, chemica said:

As much as I don't rate our Derby team. Would love to beat Cardiff in their game in hand. 

Some bizarre off the field rivalry between players (see Morrison video) could cause for a tasty play off battle (IF we get there)

It's a fascinating race with so many teams still in it. I'm sure how the top six looks today is not how it will look on the final day. For the record, I think Derby will make the play offs. Tough game tonight, though.

Edited by jyoung

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I was watching/listening to a stream from Fox Sports.

According to their commentators - said constantly after the event (not just once) , including half time and after the match - it was offside because "Milner didn't deliberately play the ball backwards".

That's a new one on me.

And now we know why USA football is shit. :lol:

(sadly, going by the accents, one of their match commentators/pundits was a brit, who agreed with their made up rules :wacko: ).

That the Geordie lad? Thats Ray Hudson. Crazy fella. Played most of his career there. 

I wonder what Coutinho is thinking tonight....?? 

That Liverpool are better without him. And that hes going to win the league. 

For all the prestige and showcasing of the Champions League, a lot of the time you can get to the final by beating one decent team. The league will always be the litmus test.

Edited by The Nal

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

For all the prestige and showcasing of the Champions League, a lot of the time you can get to the final by beating one decent team. The league will always be the litmus test.

I reckon Liverpool's chances increased last night by Roma beating Barca. Liverpool are good, but easier opposition will help.

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon Liverpool's chances increased last night by Roma beating Barca. Liverpool are good, but easier opposition will help.

Absolutely. Liverpool will be faves to beat Roma over two legs if they get them. Roma aren't great. They're 17 points behind Napoli in 2nd place. And Napoli aren't that great. The wild celebrations last night reflected what a huge achievement it was from where they are at the moment. 

39 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Coutiñho would get a medal if LFC were (somehow) to win it.

Really? Thats mental. Suppose he was important in the group stages. 

Liverpool have a great chance now. Cant see any upsets tonight. Roma and Madrid are beatable. Munich over two legs will be tough but Klopp can beat them. Even enough record against them with Dortmund. Especially considering Dortmund were a lot weaker at times. 

That reminds me, JT made the Championship team of the year. Not bad for a 37 year old!

Speaking of the Championship, I usually have a 2nd interest every season. Not on purpose but it just happens. Taking a liking to a team, or a player in lower leagues etc. 

This year, its hoping Sunderland go down. Which looks like its happening! 

Edited by The Nal

Coutinho would only get a medal if Liverpool decide to give him one (if they win obviously). The winning club have 40 medals to give out as they please - so if he does end up with one, then someone at Liverpool is having a right good laugh. 

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Speaking of the Championship, I usually have a 2nd interest every season. Not on purpose but it just happens. Taking a liking to a team, or a player in lower leagues etc. 

Yeah its bonkers to think that in the summer of 2016 Chris Coleman took Wales to the semi final of the Euros but next season he could find himself playing away at Sc**thorpe in League One. Interesting to see teams like Bristol City and Preston North End competing for the last play off spot. Will be a great run in.

33 minutes ago, The Nal said:

At the start of the season I had a fiver on City to win the PL and Middlesbrough, Portsmouth and Luton to all be promoted.

City’s a sure thing, Luton is very likely and Boro and Pompey are 7th in their respective leagues. Need them both to push into the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

At the start of the season I had a fiver on City to win the PL and Middlesbrough, Portsmouth and Luton to all be promoted.

City’s a sure thing, Luton is very likely and Boro and Pompey are 7th in their respective leagues. Need them both to push into the playoffs.

Odds?