Football 17/18

TheGayTent

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

Nice! I haven't been up in years, long trek from Bristol. Made a couple of away games last season but none this.

Yeah completely. They looked completely devoid of ideas though, all season we've been counter attacking well, but lacked the finishes. Perez excellent again, after a shocking first 3 months in October-December.

Perez works hard but he is so frustrating. Constantly gets knocked off the ball.

14 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I reckon for the foreseeable, the biggest games of the domestic  season will feature Manc city.

For sure, Liverpool and Manc Utd will be in them but everyone is also rans while City are streets ahead.

For me, games lose something when the points are to “only” secure a 2nd,3rd,4th finish.

See tomorrow’s  old firm game for example. First time in years that Gers fans are going with a belief that 3 points “could” lead to a genuine title race. Has added a real edge.

Anywayz, biggest game of the season so far is clearly today’s Ayr Raith top of the table clash in the mud. Must win for Ayr. Canny wait :-)

Cracking result for your guys, Comfy.

It's in your hands now!

17 hours ago, jyoung said:

Anyone who said Arsenal's empty seats last week were due to the weather got it wrong. Same again today. What's the excuse now?

not the same. Loads more in yesterday.

No idea how much it holds true, but the beeb's commentator suggested mother's day lunches - which is likely to be the reason for some, at least.

22 minutes ago, sdvruxk said:

That goes without saying, doesn’t it?

Yes, but I find the "ooh but the driver" as the first port of call very very weird. 

37 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Idiotic and pretty disgusting from Carra. Why he felt he had to engage is beyond me. One would of thought he would have been old and bold enough to be able to deal with some ribbing from a knob-end. Surely it happens all the time. 

Yeah thats whats disappointing about it. Should be water off a ducks back. 

Will he be on MNF later? That'll be awkward surely?

Sky sports on a very sticky wicket.

Carragher with Neville is sky’s most popular pundit. I wouldn’t be surprised if sky suspended him tonight, then bring him back in 2 weeks after fa Cup weekend when it’s all calmed down.

I Don’t think people should get the sack by making a mistake, even though this was a huge one on his part. Quite surprised by any reaction on his part though, he would of got abuse all day and acted pretty unprofessional. 

All in all not a good day on and off the field for Liverpool. 

14 minutes ago, thetime said:

I Don’t think people should get the sack by making a mistake, even though this was a huge one on his part. 

Either do I but I just can't see how they'll go on tonight as normal. "Welcome to Monday Night Football here with Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher". 

They can't really mention it either can they? Can't joke about it, can't use Sky to apologise as it wasn't on the telly and can't suspend him without mentioning it. An odd one. 

Edited by The Nal

11 minutes ago, thetime said:

All in all not a good day on and off the field for Liverpool. 

a bad day consisting of the most inexperienced player on the pitch getting mugged (but wise enough to learn for the next instance), and a player that Liverpool fans were fed up with a long time ago and whose mind is already in Italy being the same dawling moron he's been since his brain left for Italy.

While the richest team in the world had to play a flat back 7 in order to survive.

Personally, I'm struggling to see anything bad, unless "football team loses game" is always bad.

Their win was no surprise. To see a Utd team hanging on for dear fucking life was however. A first to my mind. This Libpool team has a lot going for it.

WHAT a perf from Pawson aswell. Get this guy a WC uniform - PL Collina has nothing on the c**t.