Football 17/18

TheGayTent

Just now, Comfy Bean said:

Early kick off, back from international break and journeys, recent history of fixture points to you being right.

Im going 2-2 classic. Liverpool need to score first to win I reckon.

We’re at home so can catch this in the pub first :-)

I would say first goal wins it for either side. 

Liverpool score first and united will have to come out a lot more, Utd get it and they will just shut up shop even more.

0-0 or a big win for either side I would go for if I was a betting man. 

Edited by thetime

Just now, The Nal said:

Both teams terrified of losing. Was there for Pool to win. Thought Klopp shouldve made changes earlier. 

At least Liverpool tried to score, Utd were an embarrassment.

thats what we've got to look forward to in the big games at Utd, shocking stuff.

18 hours ago, The Nal said:

Both teams terrified of losing. Was there for Pool to win. Thought Klopp shouldve made changes earlier. 

looked like one team was terrified of winning. :P

In days gone by, utd would have won that in the 3rd minute of fergie time. 

As far as liverpool go, I reckon that was something a bit better than the last year or so - cos while they still couldn't get the ball in the net, they were finding their way thru now and then, which is a bit different to the toothless they've mostly been against teams that play a flat back 10.

Crackin' save from Matip's shot. That or Can's chance should have really won it for them.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I missed the first half, but watching the second half you felt they could have played another 90 mins and not scored.

it was one of those games where they might have played forever and not scored but on another day they might have wacked utd.

As I say, they had their chances, which is more than they've done on other occasions.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I was pretty impressed with Man UTD defending, I thought they stayed very composed and looked in control.

it's hard not to be good at defence with a flat back 10.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Looked that way. Really poor going forward. I think Zlatan will be starting ahead of Lukaku for some of these away games. 

:lol:

are you really pretending it was nothing to do with Moaniho telling them to park the bus?

It's what he always does when he goes to Anfield.

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, eFestivals said:

i'm talking about with a team where the players are good enough to be capable of doing it. :P

Fine, but that's not what you said.

Just now, eFestivals said:

It's a tactic i'm pleased other teams don't.

What? Other teams regularly use it, particularly against the top teams away from home. 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's hard not to be good at defence with a flat back 10.

If true the poor teams would regularly take 0-0 draws against the better ones. That defending requires good communication, good organisation and discipline .

Sometimes when teams are trying not to concede you see mass panic, ball bouncing everywhere, hoof ball clearances leading to constant pressure. I didn't feel that yesterday, I thought the man u defence were completely in control.

Just now, pink_triangle said:

If true the poor teams would regularly take 0-0 draws against the better ones. That defending requires good communication, good organisation and discipline .

Sometimes when teams are trying not to concede you see mass panic, ball bouncing everywhere, hoof ball clearances leading to constant pressure. I didn't feel that yesterday, I thought the man u defence were completely in control.

nah, they weren't, at least compared to other games.

As I say, liverpool got thru them a number of times, and it was liverpool's finishing (and an exceptional save) that stopped a goal, rather than Utd's defence being in control.

I've seen Utd much more in control sat back against liverpool than it was yesterday.

Moanhi got the draw he played for, but he got a bit lucky with that yesterday compared to other times.

From football 365

* November 8, 2014 might seem like an insignificant date, but it bears remembering in the aftermath of Saturday lunchtime’s game. A 2-1 victory over Liverpool for Chelsea at Anfield almost three years ago remains the last time Jose Mourinho managed a Premier League away win against any of the big six.

A 0-0 draw with Liverpool means Mourinho has now gone ten straight games without a win at Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham or Saturday’s opponents. His sides have drawn five and lost five of those games, conceding 15 goals and scoring just four times. Just one of those away goals has come since he was appointed at Old Trafford.