Football 17/18

TheGayTent

28 minutes ago, CRW5252 said:

I don't think any Arsenal fans have gone 'mad' for the draw. It was a great result though considering we have been awful so far this season and we always struggle against you guys at Stamford Bridge.

Nah, I know mate. I meant more the media than fans in terms of gushing over the Arsenal performance / result. I agree that it's a good result considering you haven't won at the Bridge for five years or whatever. Think it's a good point all round to be honest. I don't mind a draw. If you can draw against the top teams and generally do the work against the ones further down the table, you'll come out on top!

Edited by jyoung
  • Upvote 1

On 17/09/2017 at 8:50 PM, kaosmark2 said:

After losing to Spurs when we had 10 men, and a narrow defeat to a Huddersfield side that have been very impressive so far.

My worry 2 weeks ago was lack of goals, and still is. We could've been punished by Stoke for not converting chances.

Joselu has had a lot of shots on target. Needs to convert more.

15 minutes ago, pryce said:

60th sporting venue ...on my way for 100

Impressive. Football or all sports stadia? I know a couple of people who are trying to tick off all ninety two league clubs.

Just worked out I've managed a measly seven. Millennium Stadium, New Wembley, Stamford Bridge, Fratton Park, AMEX, Goodison Park and The Emirates.

Edited by jyoung

Just now, jyoung said:

Impressive. Football or all sports stadia? I know a couple of people who are trying to tick off all 92 league clubs.

Just worked out I've managed a measly seven. Millennium Stadium, New Wembley, Stamford Bridge, Fratton Park, AMEX, Goodison Park and The Emirates.

all sports, and not just stadiums, so it would include, stuff like greyhound tracks and motorsport tracks etc

I do have a list at home, think this might be my 30th football stadium

So what do we all make of Rio's decision to give Boxing a go?

I can't help but feel people are taking the piss out of boxing a bit. Flintoff, McGregor and Ferdinand all giving it a go. Doesn't say much for the sport. You wouldn't see a retired footballer thinking he would give Tennis a go for example. All very strange.

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

Impressive. Football or all sports stadia? I know a couple of people who are trying to tick off all ninety two league clubs.

I'm stuck on 82. These days i tend to lose as many as I gain each season. Most annoying. 

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Massive effort there my friend!!! Favourite away day? Worst trip? 

Worst trip was Grimsby v Hereford. The football was atrocious, seriously awful. I've seen plenty of games at a higher standard in games at a much much lower level in non-league. 

Of games involving one of the 92 that didn't involve West Ham I'd go for Carlisle v Peterborough, decent crowd, proper football ground friendly enough locals, cheap beer and a cracking game - finished 3-3. 

7 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I stand corrected :lol: 

That's what I get for picking 2 sports randomly without actually googling it!

Take 2: You wouldn't get a darts player trying rugby for example....

Had to google that but there was a Welsh rugby player who switched to darts!

But yeah youre right. Very odd from Rio. Hes had a rough few years and I wonder if this is a result of that. He'll be making his pro debut ahed 40.

30 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Things can change quickly alright! 

yup ... City had a cracking start last season, and then fell away. Can't see that happening this season tho (despite what I've said about Pep) while KdB and Mendy are on fire. 

Other than Chelsea and Leicester, I can't think of a team that's suddenly stopped being a good team the next season for no apparent reason, and I can't really see that happening with Liverpool even tho at the moment it's hard to see how they'll get their mojo back.

I've always liked the Ox at Arsenal, but I reckon Kloop needs to realise he's made a bit of a boob there.

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yup ... City had a cracking start last season, and then fell away. Can't see that happening this season tho (despite what I've said about Pep) while KdB and Mendy are on fire. 

Other than Chelsea and Leicester, I can't think of a team that's suddenly stopped being a good team the next season for no apparent reason, and I can't really see that happening with Liverpool even tho at the moment it's hard to see how they'll get their mojo back.

I've always liked the Ox at Arsenal, but I reckon Kloop needs to realise he's made a bit of a boob there.

City look devastating yeah. Will take some beating. Aguero firing on all cylinders too. 

Was never an Ox fan. Bit of pace but thats about it. 

One of the worst sporting performances of all time last night. The pass at 1.40 being a highlight. He is shit. 

4 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Was never an Ox fan. Bit of pace but thats about it. 

One of the worst sporting performances of all time last night. The pass at 1.40 being a highlight. He is shit. 

I only saw the 2nd half last night, but that 'pass' at 1.40 stuck in my mind ... tho to fair (and what i thought at the time) i've seen players of all quality do the same.

And to be fair again, at least he looked interested last night, which was much more than he did when he came on against City.  I wouldn't go as far as 'shit', but he's not looked good so far. 

Can't say I noticed anything worthwhile from Grujic either, tho perhaps i'm being unfair with that.

I thought Danny Ward looked decent enough in goal, and actually comes out for the ball (which is more than Mig & Karius do) - so i'd like to see him get a few 'proper' games, but also thought that Woodburn looked fantastic. 

It was good to see Ings back, and he looked sharp enough too in the short time he got. I can't see any of the other forwards making the run he did, where he nearly flicked the ball into the net from his head - proper striker stuff that was.