Under 18's taking alcohol?

Ollie9917

Surely there's no one who can make you surrender your drink other than the police.

How do they know it's yours? It's not illegal to carry unopened alcohol if you're under 18 as far as I'm aware.

obviosuly they could just not let you in if you surrender it and the above will just be a moot point.

30 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

They'll ask for ID if they think you're under 18. They have a challenge 25 policy (I've been ID'd before as I look under 25). How much under are you? And how much are you thinking of taking? 

a bottle of vodka (in plastic) and 4 cans of k cider? ? 

I've been before last year but was with over 18's last year AND i wasnt checked

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Too late.

If only you had told me that 30 years ago, things could have been so different.

Damn.

Oh well, best skin up again.

Haha good one. I have good intentions sometimes... goes out the window abit at glasto tho :P

10 minutes ago, Nuts said:

Good health and live to the age of 1 million

If you were to walk  in to any hospital now and take some statistics down then you'd probably find that, apart from those who smoke fags and drink alcohol, the majority of those in there who are dying weren't / aren't drug takers. I know that taking drugs will probably shorten your expected life span, but in the words of the great Freddie Mercury ' Who wants to live forever'? I certainly don't. Better to burn out than fade away. I don't understand why anybody would want to get seriously old and have to be looked after, wheeled around, shoved by force in front of a telly showing Cash in the Attic. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. I guess I'm not really scared of death like some people are.

15 minutes ago, Ollie9917 said:

a bottle of vodka (in plastic) and 4 cans of k cider? ? 

I've been before last year but was with over 18's last year AND i wasnt checked

If you're nearly 18 and don't look under 18 you'll be fine. If you're closer to 16/17 and don't really look 18, and are going with a group of under 18's they're more likely to check your ID. They may even went ID from everyone this year with increased searches. You have the advantage that you're not taking a huge amount. Just four cans of cider and a little bit of vodka wouldn't be the end of the world if they confiscated it anyway. I guess the festival have to stick to licensing rules so you can't be too upset if they do question you as it's their job, if you don't make an effort to hide it they'll more likely not question it it's people who clearly are trying to hide it they'll get more suspicious of 

This might sound ridiculous, but would they operate based on proxy? I'm old enough to buy alcohol, but my girlfriend isn't. Would they take it off us if she can't show ID, but I can?

I work in a shop, and know I have to ID all members of a group that look under 18.

2 minutes ago, K2SO said:

This might sound ridiculous, but would they operate based on proxy? I'm old enough to buy alcohol, but my girlfriend isn't. Would they take it off us if she can't show ID, but I can?

I work in a shop, and know I have to ID all members of a group that look under 18.

Strictly speaking they probably should. In reality I could never see them doing that