Does anyone know of anyone who's been refused entry to Glastonbury?

Vallant

9 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Ha now my comment looks like I'm slagging off poor @Sea Glass

I'm glad you posted that, cos someone had reported sea glass for the post above that other one of yours - and I was struggling to see exactly why.

(I can see there were other reports of other people made overnight, but another moderator dealt with those so I don't know what the content was or where the posts were).

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can afford to lose the money then you absolutely must try. Confidence, charisma and no fear is the key. If questioned be bold and brash. 'What sort of a lunatic do you take me for to try and blag my way in with all this extra security ho ho ho!'

People have been getting free stuff for centuries just by sheer force of personality.

And remember, no one ever lay on their death bed and thought 'thank God I didn't try and get into Glastonbury that year of the heatwave'.

Go. Do whatever it takes. Just get there.

Edited by russycarps

Guy with us has got in for nothing last 4 years. He has a ticket this year which he finds strange. Last 2 years he just walked straight through the gates at opening, not questioned at all. I reckon this will be harder is year so he is prob lucky. Confidence is the key though

11 minutes ago, russycarps said:

If you can afford to lose the money then you absolutely must try. Confidence, charisma and no fear is the key. If questioned be bold and brash. 'What sort of a lunatic do you take me for to try and blag my way in with all this extra security ho ho ho!'

People have been getting free stuff for centuries just by sheer force of personality.

And remember, no one ever lay on their death bed and thought 'thank God I didn't try and get into Glastonbury that year of the heatwave'.

Go. Do whatever it takes. Just get there.

I like the cut of your jib young russy.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I'm glad you posted that, cos someone had reported sea glass for the post above that other one of yours - and I was struggling to see exactly why.

(I can see there were other reports of other people made overnight, but another moderator dealt with those so I don't know what the content was or where the posts were).

Sea Glass made some derogatory remarks on the "secret resale " thread so I think that was why he was reported . he seems to have redeemed himself on this one though so may be a small blip on his part 

3 minutes ago, babyblade41 said:

Sea Glass made some derogatory remarks on the "secret resale " thread so I think that was why he was reported . he seems to have redeemed himself on this one though so may be a small blip on his part 

the reported post was the one above Lucy's, where some people might not like what it says but which was a perfectly acceptable opinion. I'm not going to be banning people simply for saying stuff others don't like.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the reported post was the one above Lucy's, where some people might not like what it says but which was a perfectly acceptable opinion. I'm not going to be banning people simply for saying stuff others don't like.

I saw nothing wrong with it :) 

19 minutes ago, Sack truck said:

Guy with us has got in for nothing last 4 years. He has a ticket this year which he finds strange. Last 2 years he just walked straight through the gates at opening, not questioned at all. I reckon this will be harder is year so he is prob lucky. Confidence is the key though

I know a couple of people who have sailed through life pretty much on their personality alone and always come out smelling of roses. The world needs these blaggers, just for the entertainment alone 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I know, I saw your post lower down. Your post underneath did confuse me tho, as there's been other posted deleted from a troll.

Wanted to go back and edit it but by that point it was too late. At least the troll is gone :) can't be doing with that kind of idiocy this close to glasto! 

37 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

quite rightly so it's a free country...well it was when I got up at stupid o clock 

I say go for it. Sure they'll be more aware and more nervous this year in light of recent events. But you only have one life, if you try and don't get through yes, it'll be gutting. But if you try and get through - the festival will be even sweeter. It isn't like it's going to overcrowd the festival. 

If you can get their bank card, ID etc to help you along with things do that. I've camped next to people who got in on someone else's ticket, like me - they love the festival and just wanted to be there. 

9 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Anyone ever been refused on their own ticket?

I haven't had a haircut in about 18 months so I'm not exactly a replica of my ticket pic (taken 2015)!

It has never happened to my knowledge. The ticket stewards are instructed to look closely at the features, so hairstyles rarely make much of a difference, but they may ask you to pull your hair back etc. The biggest problems are people changing weight, as this often changes features considerably at first glance, and beards, but most people pretty much look like themselves when you take a good look.

42 minutes ago, ConorC said:

I haven't had a haircut in about 18 months so I'm not exactly a replica of my ticket pic (taken 2015)!

My photo is MySpace circa 2008. I now have long hair and a beard. I'm expecting a grilling 

1 hour ago, ConorC said:

Not ever heard that happen. Worst case you could be quizzed in the same way someone with a false ticket might be but I don't see any reason you would 'fail' the test. There's so many different ways to prove you are who you are. 

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, poison69 said:

I think the first thing security would ask is if you have another form of ID like a drivers licence, bank card or summat. If you look at them blanked face at that point you may be in for further questioning.

This is correct, I saw a young lad who didn't have any other ID with him and he was refused because his photo didn't look like him. He didn't get in and he was with family friends who had to make a decision as to whether to go in or not. I think she was calling him family to come and collect him. She was very angry. Don't know whether it was genuine or not.

I was stopped on the way in last year and had to show bank card and driving license to prove the ticket was mine. It was my ticket and I looked exactly like the photo on the ticket, same hair cut and glasses. I've now cut my hair short and dyed it purple and still using same photo so getting in this year will be fun!

I've checked tickets at the gate and have had people turned away. People on the gates look for more than hair colour and skin colour. They look for things like brow and ear shape which you can't fake.

Bare in mind that the festival send through secret shoppers to check volunteers are doing their job properly and volunteers who keep letting people in are booted out the festival, lose their deposit and blacklisted from volunteering with oxfam/festaff so if someone does have doubts about the validity of your ticket they will pull you up on it. 

7 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

I've checked tickets at the gate and have had people turned away. People on the gates look for more than hair colour and skin colour. They look for things like brow and ear shape which you can't fake.

Bare in mind that the festival send through secret shoppers to check volunteers are doing their job properly and volunteers who keep letting people in are booted out the festival, lose their deposit and blacklisted from volunteering with oxfam/festaff so if someone does have doubts about the validity of your ticket they will pull you up on it. 

Just curious really, but did you personally turn someone away then? How did they take it? Or did you just refer them to the office for further questioning?