Who is everyone definitely not seeing

Lionel Ritchie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot House Flowers. They've done one of my favourite albums, Flowers In The Rain. Saw them on the Acoustic Stage in 2011 it was the one i was looking forward to most, the tent was full when they started, by half way through the tent was half empty. TERRIBLE, 

Aiming to miss the XX. Saw them last week and while the music is alright, and the show is very professional etc, they just didn't grab me as a live proposition. Unfortunately, I might get outvoted, though.

I'll bite...

Dizzee - seen him nine times before, all by complete accident as he's supported bands who I do want to see or headlined festivals I've been at that had no real alternative. Can't stand him or his music.

Courteeners - good first album, awful since. Lad "anthems" ain't my thing anymore.

Gibb - just can't get excited about a solo Bee Gee. I'll be at King Gizzard and a frank Carter instead.

Honourary mention to anything that will probably be too quiet (Laura Marling, Lisa Hannigan etc). I like both acts but I woke up yesterday completely deaf in my left ear. It's nothing to worry about (a bit of build up of wax) but I can't get it sorted now until after the festival so either the otex needs to work ASAP or I'll be spending my entire festival in a daze, trying to work out what people are saying and standing directly in front of the speakers. If you try to talk to me, don't be offended if I completely ignore you.

On 14/06/2017 at 8:20 AM, Mardy said:

Aiming to miss the XX. Saw them last week and while the music is alright, and the show is very professional etc, they just didn't grab me as a live proposition. Unfortunately, I might get outvoted, though.

100% agree, saw them at Brixton recently and felt I was the only person who thought it was a bit boring and lacking something live - and I like their music. 

I took the OP question as 'of acts you have already seen who will you be steering clear of?'

In that case - Craig David is the biggie. He was fucking dreadful last year at Bestival.

Others include: Kaiser Chiefs, Alt-J, Biffy Clyro, Dizzee Rascal, Courteeners & George Ezra

I've seen some shit in my time.