When Does Your Glasto Begin?

Aragorn

For me tomorrow. Drive to Wales to see the missis from Pompey. Work till Tuesday but won't feel like it as missis and I in a long distance relationship so just nice too see her. Time will go quick.  Then next Tuesday lunchtime drive to Weston Super Mare to hook up with gang. Plan and be ready. Scorchio here on south coast at mo getting me in the mood. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment, about 5pm on Monday when I finish work and drive home to Cardiff to meet up with everyone and get the minibus (3am Wednesday morning).

But I'm very tempted to take Monday off so I can pack over the weekend and get back to Cardiff on Monday. Is that wasting a days holiday do we think?

10 minutes ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

9th oct at 09.16 when i paid my deposit.. Been bugging the f*"k out of the missus since then. Think she's had enough of me talking about it now . F"*k knows how's she's gonna cope when i get back..

My lady says I'm a glastobater 

15 minutes ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

9th oct at 09.16 when i paid my deposit.. Been bugging the f*"k out of the missus since then. Think she's had enough of me talking about it now . F"*k knows how's she's gonna cope when i get back..

Yes to this. And my Birthday was the next day and I've been partying ever since. And to top it all it's festival season and i'm partying even more. Loving life.

Getting to Bristol Tues evening, but let's face it, I checked out ages ago from work. Been drifting through June daydreaming. Tuesday 20th is when the festival starts for reals though. Few drinks with a friend and my gf, maybe a curry and then next morning, we get the 11:30 coach. I used to come via London from Colchester, which took 14 hours one year - best time was about 6. It's going to feel really different this time round!

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Wednesday pre-dawn when I join the queue. 

Then again on Thursday evening. After having left on Wednesday afternoon to go home and spend another day in the office until 4pm. 

You're going in and then going to work?

Have a word.

Mid-day Tuesday when I get out of work and drive to Taunton ready for my Wednesday coach 

But it really starts when I'm through the gates, tent is pitched and I'm having a couple of ciders up by the sign overlooking the Festival watching it fill up with not a care in the world

Migjt be different this year going solo :(

38 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

For me tomorrow. Drive to Wales to see the missis from Pompey. Work till Tuesday but won't feel like it as missis and I in a long distance relationship so just nice too see her. Time will go quick.  Then next Tuesday lunchtime drive to Weston Super Mare to hook up with gang. Plan and be ready. Scorchio here on south coast at mo getting me in the mood. 

Can I just say this is super romantic? :)

I think my answer to this is actually a three stage one. Glasto begins in one way when I get that golden ticket. Then there's definitely a shift in the universe when I leave work next Tuesday, knowing I have a full five beautiful days ahead of me. But I think it properly starts when I get that wristband on. Until then I think my anxious brain will just conjure too many scenarios where I never arrive or my ticket isn't valid etc etc...

This reminded me of a good friend of mine. One time on the way in on the shuttle bus from Bath and West, just at the point where we got the full view of the site, closed her eyes, took a breath and said she'd just left all her troubles behind for a week. Always stuck with me that.

Not been since 2015. Time to go home.

October when I got some of my best friends tickets for the first time.

April when I convinced another to try. Later in April when she got a ticket.

Wednesday morning at 6am when our coach sets off. Wednesday afternoon when our little camp is set up and we're ready to have our first bimble. Blast off.

2 minutes ago, AmyShambles said:

Finish work at 4pm next Tuesday. Get home, chippy tea, make sure everything is packed then early night.

Up early to get the 06:30 bus to Bolton. Coach leaves at 08:15. 

Got a few pals on that.

I'm working till Friday then I have a abseil event for the charity I work for on Saturday afternoon in Okehampton. Then we are driving in our motor home for 2 nights camping under Glastonbury Tor. Monday we are allowed on site to our FMS campsite. Then look out for 7 days of fun.

When I kiss my girlfriend goodbye this Friday morning as she leaves for work, at about 9am. My uber will arrive to take me to Melbourne airport at 11am, and I'll spend the two hours before packing and saying goodbye to my two adorable cats.

Leaving my little family behind, travelling to the airport, and flying for 20+ hours is a transformative experience. Longing, excitement and adrenaline will exist in various combinations until I touch down at Heathrow, by which time I will be focussed on having a very good time. Glastonbury is the key part of a longer, two week journey, spending time with family and old friends. It'll be emotional and exhausting, but two of the very best weeks 2017 has to offer.