Gordonzola

29 minutes ago, Gordonzola said:

Thanks - but needs to be a lot meatier than that!

what devices are you trying to power ?

anything mains will need an inverter - and anything mains and sensitive eg laptops etc will need a pure sine wave inverter - super pricey.

you'll then need some huge leisure batteries with enough amp hours to power whatever it is your using.

I have a 110Ah battery in my caravan. it's heavy as fuck. 110ah means I can run a 1amp device for 110 hours, or a 110amp device for one hour.

1 minute ago, paulshane said:

what devices are you trying to power ?

anything mains will need an inverter - and anything mains and sensitive eg laptops etc will need a pure sine wave inverter - super pricey.

you'll then need some huge leisure batteries with enough amp hours to power whatever it is your using.

I have a 110Ah battery in my caravan. it's heavy as fuck. 110ah means I can run a 1amp device for 110 hours, or a 110amp device for one hour.

I was thinking of something like this maybe?  http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/battery-chargers-jump-starters/halfords-jump-starter-with-usb-socket-inverter-and-tyre-inflator

2 minutes ago, Gordonzola said:

also, that halfords thing doesn't say what battery it has in it, so not easy to guess how long it would last.

You can get some beefy 12v battery packs that will power most things (laptops, slr camera etc). Not sure what you'd need 240v AC for as most portable electronics run off 5/12v DC anyhow. Standard USB packs already linked to are all you need for mobile phone charging.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAXOAK-50000mAh-Portable-External-Notebook-Most/dp/B00YP823NA/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1497277441&sr=1-3&keywords=laptop+battery+pack

Guess a UPS pack may work if you really must have 240v, heavy though and not sure about getting one through security checks:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/APC-Back-UPS-BX-Uninterruptible-Shutdown/dp/B00T7BYV6W/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1497277639&sr=1-3&keywords=ups

Edited by I am Jon

3 hours ago, Gordonzola said:

Unless you're planning on powering the Techno Spider's flame throwers, you'll be absolutely fine with an Anker power bar. My other half and I shared one last year and both got full charges every day out of it and it still had plenty left. 

14 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Unless you're planning on powering the Techno Spider's flame throwers, you'll be absolutely fine with an Anker power bar. My other half and I shared one last year and both got full charges every day out of it and it still had plenty left. 

I hate to be a smart arse but I think they may be gas operated.