Primavera 2018

Runnerups

4 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Maybe the long (which actually isn't that long but quite normal for Primavera) wait isn't because of a headliner but because of the promo video that took a long time to make, or some smaller bands that weren't 100% booked or some cancellations that they wanted to find replacements for or ...

Yes to Boss89's comments. Could be a million reasons. Also imagine they will invite the media to an event and maybe that was hard to schedule for this week.

Who among us hasn't missed an internal deadline because something takes longer than we expected?

It seems to me that it is about confirming the entire lineup before sharing the poster, which is for obvious reasons way more complicated than dripping out confirmations as you go. Most (or all) the other festivals around PS won't have their complete schedule confirmed and announced yet by the time PS shares their poster.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

It seems to me that it is about confirming the entire lineup before sharing the poster, which is for obvious reasons way more complicated than dripping out confirmations as you go. Most (or all) the other festivals around PS won't have their complete schedule confirmed and announced yet by the time PS shares their poster.

Good point. Don't think any big festival other than Coachella -  which is in April - has their full poster out there.

AM not my kind of booking for the crowd they bring and and the style of music but they have some indie creds and they shift tickets, which a festival needs to do.

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Good point. Don't think any big festival other than Coachella -  which is in April - has their full poster out there.

AM not my kind of booking for the crowd they bring and and the style of music but they have some indie creds and they shift tickets, which a festival needs to do.

Just the American ones, and they share the poster about four months before the festival - which is on par with PS. Gov Ball has shared the poster five months ahead of the festival weekend but they have about half as many acts as PS on it.

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

OpenAir St Gallen announcement today and TINALS tomorrow - could throw up some decent clues, especially in the latter. I'd expect Field Day to give some names this week as well, assuming they have their licensing issues sorted.

Killers on the Sunday at Open Air are playing at 6pm, so it either shuts real early or there's another headliner to come.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I can see us getting about half of the acts from Northside. Which would be nice as it's a good lineup.

I'd love Jimmy Eat World, they're doing Rock Im Park which clashes with Primavera but obviously there are days either side of their show there, it is just whether they'd do Germany > Spain > Germany

Just now, MickeyJJ said:

Not particularly inspired by the Open Air lineup https://www.openairsg.ch/en/line-up/ Would take Jungle and that's about it, although Jungle would be fantastic.

I'm starting to think Jungle is out, playing Bonnaroo on the NOS PS weekend and still haven't found any indication of Europe before that. Hopefully in the TINALS lineup, coming out tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Orens said:

I'm starting to think Jungle is out, playing Bonnaroo on the NOS PS weekend and still haven't found any indication of Europe before that. Hopefully in the TINALS lineup, coming out tomorrow.

Shame, they are a great live band. Perfect for the pre-Coco slot on the Ray Ban

On 19/01/2018 at 3:46 PM, mawksee said:

https://www.primaverasound.es/entradas

It's €215 from January 29th

Thanks for that, must have missed it. im sure they didnt have a price there last week.

Still reflects a 30 EUR price rise or 16%+ in one year, fact fans. (based on the price once the lineup is known of course)

Will be worth remembering for future years (I won't be going this year) that it seems doubful a good value ticket will be available again with the line up known - you will need to buy without a lineup to get a deal.

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Already played that spot in 2015, I believe? 

When's the new album coming out?

Yep, they did and I was there, yay. It was amazing, the RayBan setting adding to the experience, of course. So, wouldn't mind at all if they played that slot again this year.

Someone mentioned Gabi wants more old-school hip hop in general: wouldn't bands like Jurassic 5 or Souls of Mischief be great for RayBan, as well? Stress is on "like" as I can't see they're touring, sadly. Any other ideas for this type of music?

2 minutes ago, Steph U said:

Someone mentioned Gabi wants more old-school hip hop in general: wouldn't bands like Jurassic 5 or Souls of Mischief be great for RayBan, as well? Stress is on "like" as I can't see they're touring, sadly. Any other ideas for this type of music?

I already mentioned it yesterday: Jungle Brothers are playing a UK festival the weekend before Primavera. A hip hop act more oldschool than Jungle Brothers would hardly be possible.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slowdive said:

I already mentioned it yesterday: Jungle Brothers are playing a UK festival the weekend before Primavera. A hip hop act more oldschool than Jungle Brothers would hardly be possible.

Yes, but Orens said they'd be unlikely to play again. ;-) (sorry Slowdive for not going through all 64 pages of this thread again and not remembering every post - I'm trying :-) ) Plus: MORE old-school hip hop, to me, sounds like more than just one band.

Edited by Steph U