Primavera 2018

Runnerups

I've heard quite a few 'Beck isn't coming' rumours but the fact is he's playing in Paris on Saturday and is free the previous two days. Doesn't seem unreasonable to think he could make it.

Maybe they'll up the ante on the surprise Primavera this year and one of the headliners will be a surprise who they'll hold back.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Parcas said:

The announcement by Gabi was that it will be released mid January so all points to next week.

He first said end of November, and later mid January, and last thing he said was that they gave themselves a deadline of end of January.

So who knows, can be any day from next Monday to January 31st

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Maybe you're joking but these fests have their main lineups agreed way (like really way!) in advance.

They absolutely would like to yes, but trust me, that is absolutely not always the case. There's one of two reasons that the PS poster hasn't been released yet:

1.) They are unable to announce one of the headline acts because they are restrictions on doing so

2.) They haven't confirmed all of the acts as of yet.

It's looking like the latter of those two is the delay, unless there is a seriously'left-field' headline that hasn't been widely considered. This is no comment  on the quality of the lineup that we will get, it just takes longer to dot the I's and cross the t's than it ever has before, Gabi said as much himself, what some publicists and promoters ask for is beyond ridiculous, they are also liable to play competing festivals off against each other 

2 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

They absolutely would like to yes, but trust me, that is absolutely not always the case. There's one of two reasons that the PS poster hasn't been released yet:

1.) They are unable to announce one of the headline acts because they are restrictions on doing so

2.) They haven't confirmed all of the acts as of yet.

It's looking like the latter of those two is the delay, unless there is a seriously'left-field' headline that hasn't been widely considered. This is no comment  on the quality of the lineup that we will get, it just takes longer to dot the I's and cross the t's than it ever has before, Gabi said as much himself, what some publicists and promoters ask for is beyond ridiculous, they are also liable to play competing festivals off against each other 

It's totally #1. Next week is Arctic Monkeys week.

If you want to include your biggest headliner and bring the complete poster all at once then you have to wait until Arctic Monkeys announcement day..

2 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Totally agree, his sol stuff is painfully average. Of course it's a matter of taste, but give me The National, Bjork, Nick Cave any day. Jack White and Arctic Monkeys are a much better fit with the lad rock crowd Mad Cool will pull in

Agreed, not really much of a fan of him outside of some white stripes, raconteurs and dead weather.  

3 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Aside from the eels, and maybe wolf alice, I wouldn't take anything announced there today

Completely agree. Most of Mad Cool is very predictable, no matter how big the names are. I just thought Jack White would suit the bill at Primavera over Mad Cool.

Would definitely take The National, Nick Cave etc over Pearl Jam and QOTSA