Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Just now, Parcas said:

If the beck thing is true it is so sad he canceled before the lineup was live, it is almost a tradition at this point that one of the headliners will cancel at this point.

but well if Bjork is still on she has time to cancel.

The most probable scenario: 

If Beck's on the lineup, he has always been. 

If he's not, he has never.

Probably this guy was just searching for clicks, as someone said before. 

It's kind of funny how so many people here are following some of shittiest sources you can possibly rely to. "I know a friend who has a brother who is the bassist of Arctic Monkeys..." I mean come on...wtf?! :lol:

Finally the point where we need some substantial informations is more than reached. Everything else leads nowhere.

My personal more or less likely wishlist:

Deerhunter and/or Built To Spill for Ray-Ban.
(Thee) Oh Sees and/or Titus Andronicus for Sala Apolo.
Belle and Sebastian and/or The Breeders for Primavera/ATP.
Rodriguez and/or Thundercat for Auditorium.
Unknown Mortal Orchestra for Pitchfork late slot.
My Bloody Valentine as (surprise) headliner.
+ some Post-Rock, some Jazz, something to dance to for Ray-Ban and some nice oldschool hip-hop.

Edited by slowdive
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

The most probable scenario: 

If Beck's on the lineup, he has always been. 

If he's not, he has never.

Probably this guy was just searching for clicks, as someone said before. 

It's fine to be wrong, we're all human, but Ortega gave two different reasons to us and to Coachella reddit in no time. At least one of those is a lie.

We don't know whether Beck was or wasn't on the bill in the first place, don't mind whatever he says.

16 minutes ago, slowdive said:

It's kind of funny how so many people here are following some of shittiest sources you can possibly rely to. "I know a friend who has a brother who is the bassist of Arctic Monkeys..." I mean come on...wtf?! :lol:

Finally the point where we need some substantial informations is more than reached. Everything else leads nowhere.

My personal more or less likely wishlist:

Deerhunter and/or Built To Spill for Ray-Ban.
(Thee) Oh Sees and/or Titus Andronicus for Sala Apolo.
Belle and Sebastian and/or The Breeders for Primavera/ATP.
Rodriguez and/or Thundercat for Auditorium.
Unknown Mortal Orchestra for Pitchfork late slot.
My Bloody Valentine as (surprise) headliner.
+ some Post-Rock, some Jazz, something to dance to for Ray-Ban and some nice oldschool hip-hop.

UMO played the Adidas on 2015 and clashed with Interpol, many of my friends missed it. They are probably Ray-Ban material nowadays, perhaps even Mordor.

I'd love to see Oh Sees in Sala Apolo! That's my biggest Sunday wish.

1 minute ago, Orens said:

UMO played the Adidas on 2015 and clashed with Interpol, many of my friends missed it. They are probably Ray-Ban material nowadays, perhaps even Mordor.

I'd love to see Oh Sees in Sala Apolo! That's my biggest Sunday wish.

Mmh, I nearly sure they still could play Pitchfork. Anyway, Ray Ban would be a perfect fit too.

I attended to both of these concerts (Oh Sees played that sunday Apolo-slot in 2015) and they we're incredibly awesome. Also the Interpol pre-festival-gig at Sala Apolo. Hopefully something like that returns in 2018 after the break in 2017. It was much better for me than the "Unexpected Primavera" stuff last year (though that Mogwai gig was really beautiful).

37 minutes ago, slowdive said:

Mmh, I nearly sure they still could play Pitchfork. Anyway, Ray Ban would be a perfect fit too.

I attended to both of these concerts (Oh Sees played that sunday Apolo-slot in 2015) and they we're incredibly awesome. Also the Interpol pre-festival-gig at Sala Apolo. Hopefully something like that returns in 2018 after the break in 2017. It was much better for me than the "Unexpected Primavera" stuff last year (though that Mogwai gig was really beautiful).

Good for you! I've seen them outside PS in 2016 and it was magnificent, hopefully I get to crowdsurf this year with the PS guys.

Meanwhile, Jack White is expected to be announced tomorrow in NOS Alive, and therefore in Mad Cool. He will perform on the Pearl Jam, which is pretty bizarre. I guess he's bound to be announced for Mad Cool as well, but the 12th NOS Alive headliner is still missing. Might as well be Arctic Monkeys, and I doubt they will perform three festival gigs in six weeks on the peninsula.

Jack-White-NOS-Alive-poster.jpg

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Good for you! I've seen them outside PS in 2016 and it was magnificent, hopefully I get to crowdsurf this year with the PS guys.

Meanwhile, Jack White is expected to be announced tomorrow in NOS Alive, and therefore in Mad Cool. He will perform on the Pearl Jam, which is pretty bizarre. I guess he's bound to be announced for Mad Cool as well, but the 12th NOS Alive headliner is still missing. Might as well be Arctic Monkeys, and I doubt they will perform three festival gigs in six weeks on the peninsula.

Jack-White-NOS-Alive-poster.jpg

More likely AM are at NOS Alive and one of the two spanish fest rather than the two spanish ones and no NOS Alive because of Iberia :)

4 hours ago, passtheauxco said:

Source that confirmed Beck to me said that Beck's deal wasn't 100 percent finalized and that he is pulling off the bill. Get your stones ready, I'm ducking behind cover.

I hope this isn't your day job. Because if so, you're not very good at it.