Primavera 2018

Runnerups

4 minutes ago, Orens said:

Just a reminder: Mad Cool teased the location of Seattle, made people think they are about to announce Pearl Jam, only to announce Fleet Foxes. Then they teased 10, possibly referencing the "Ten" album, before announcing 10 new bands.

By the way, the tweet was just removed.

Looks like they got busted for being too obvious... maybe this does bode well for other festivals having them as headliners:

Edited by boaboaboa

On 16/01/2018 at 12:52 PM, xxialac said:

I don't think he's too popular for the auditori. It's massive, perfect for him acoustic-wise and it could be ticketed.

That said, he hasn't toured in years. It's still highly unlikely.

He really, really is.  Ten years since his last tour means a generation of gig goers has not had the opportunity to see him. He's top of the bill of any festival in Europe,  not comparable with a Michael Gira solo show, Kamasi Washington or any other Auditori show. Things in there are niche within  an already niche setting, not one of the most influential artists of all time. 

Just now, timeforheroes said:

He really, really is.  Ten years since his last tour means a generation of gig goers has not had the opportunity to see him. He's top of the bill of any festival in Europe,  not comparable with a Michael Gira solo show, Kamasi Washington or any other Auditori show. Things in there are niche within  an already niche setting, not one of the most influential artists of all time. 

Fair enough, on reflection you're right.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slowdive said:

Eels playing Maifeld Derby in Germany in mid-june. Usually there are a lot of acts shared. 

Plus: They cancled in 2015.

Eels would be brilliant! That Maifeld Derby is pretty good for a small fest.

This could be the year of the cancelled acts making up for it - Bjork, Eels, Rodriguez - Father Primavera blesses you and offers forgiveness .

• Upvote 2

Just now, boaboaboa said:

Looks like they got busted for being too obvious:

I was about to suggest they will announce 14 bands and a headliner. As Jack White's tour was released yesterday, that's probably him.

Also: The Mad Cool social media guys are a bunch of morons.

Primavera and Mad Cool are big rivals, I can´t see how they can both have Arctic Monkeys at their lineup, last year and in 2016 they didn´t share any bands, why do they have to share this year, and a big name like Arctic Monkeys? Also their first concert is in USA, why do they have to do Barcelona, then US and then Spain again? Also Gabi made it clear he doesn´t know anything about them. I´d rather consider Chance The Rapper and Kendrick more thatn AM. Anyway the line up is imminent, next week is the last week of January, so be patient and wait 6/7 days and we´ll have the lineup.

Edited by maksym26
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

Primavera and Mad Cool are big rivals, I can´t see how they can both have Arctic Monkeys at their lineup, last year and in 2016 they didn´t share any bands, why do they have to share this year, and a big name like Arctic Monkeys? Also their first concert is in USA, why do they have to do Barcelona, then US and then Spain again? Also Gabi made it clear he doesn´t know anything about them. I´d rather consider Chance The Rapper and Kendrick more thatn AM. Anyway the line up is imminent, next week is the last week of January, so be patient and wait 6/7 days and we´ll have the lineup.

Is that confirmed? I know it's the only one currently announced but I don't remember reading that it will be the first

5 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Is that confirmed? I know it's the only one currently announced but I don't remember reading that it will be the first

A well-informed user on the AM forum actually confirmed that this will NOT be the tour opener... So I'm curious where we will see them confirmed before that show...

8 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

MC is about to have twice as many bands than in 2016/2017. It has already shared Spoon with Bilbao BBK (on the same weekend last year) and Foals, who subbed for Foo Fighters, with FiB (on the following weekend), among others.

I don't know if they will share a actual headliner but the exclusivity will be pricey for a lineup that's already pretty expensive and, the tickets will eventually be sold out anyway (actually, they already sold out before the announcement). Furthermore, the CM has refused to comment on exclusivity, probably because it didn't serve the festival's interests.

35 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Looks like they got busted for being too obvious... maybe this does bode well for other festivals having them as headliners:

That's pretty interesting, maybe they need to wait for someone else to announce them first or the band to announce the new tour/album themselves.

4 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

That's pretty interesting, maybe they need to wait for someone else to announce them first or the band to announce the new tour/album themselves.

Or maybe they´re just playing with the public to raise sells, also I bet that tomorrow they´ll announce Jack White and 14 small names, to fill all stages, and maybe on friday or maybe next week they´ll announce Arctic Monkeys. I think that they want to sell all day tickets before Primavera and Benicassim reveal their lineups

2 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

Or maybe they´re just playing with the public to raise sells, also I bet that tomorrow they´ll announce Jack White and 14 small names, to fill all stages, and maybe on friday or maybe next week they´ll announce Arctic Monkeys. I think that they want to sell all day tickets before Primavera and Benicassim reveal their lineups

3-day tickets have sold out, they aren't selling day tickets yet. No tickets to raise sales for as of now...

Edited by Orens

Just now, xxialac said:

For Mad Cool, they are selling day tickets and at the very least 3 day vip tickets are still available.

It's a sensible strategy for them to sell a bucketload before the competition.

So they started selling it? Oh well.

Meanwhile, Modest Mouse were just announced for Forecastle festival, so they won't be at Mad Cool/BBK/Whatever festival that weekend.

3 minutes ago, Orens said:

So they started selling it? Oh well.

Meanwhile, Modest Mouse were just announced for Forecastle festival, so they won't be at Mad Cool/BBK/Whatever festival that weekend.

Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile are on the same bill - chance for those guys to hook up on stage.