Primavera 2018

Runnerups

On 1/10/2018 at 3:13 PM, puckno said:

Built To Spill has not given any details on title or date for a new record, but Doug Martsch revealed in interviews June 17 that they are working on 12 specific tracks for a new record. However, with their history on promises for new LPs there is no guarantee that the record will materialise in 2018. However, the band is playing some shows this spring and did so before christmas, so they are not in a break or anything. Time will show.

Built To Spill for less than an hour ago announced a US spring tour together with Afghan Whigs, starting April 6, finishing off May 15 for a total 28 shows. Afghan Whigs is of course not likely, the played Primavera last year. The timing could be good for Built To Spill.

Edited by puckno

1 minute ago, puckno said:

Built To Spill for less than an hour ago announced a US spring tour together with Afghan Whigs, starting April 6, finishing off May 15 for a total 28 shows. Afghan Whigs is of course not likely, the played Primavera last year. However the timing could be good for a Built To Spill appearance.

Brilliant.

Looking forward to thhe full line up. 

As far as waiting is confirmed and people debating - I booked my ticket for early bird and accommodation. You know you'll be getting some great bands in amazing city. I trust it'll be great. 

Having a glance at acts touring the UK in May I think Ezra Furman, Superchunck, Belle and Sebastian, Robyn Hitchcock, Thee Oh Sees (played in 2016 but please let this happen), Bully, US Girls, Car Seat Headrest (also played in 2016), Swervedriver, WIlko Johnson and The Bluetones (ok this one is more wishful thinking than anything) could potentially be on the lineup. 

Hi guys, from western Canada!

New to the forum, started lurking a few weeks ago. I attended Prima in 2015 and 2016, and am planning to go this year. Took last year off to try my hand at Glastonbury (it went very well!)

Has anyone considered the seemingly very-real possibility of Orbital, Leftfield (possibly performing "Leftism" in its entirety, like Underworld in 2015), The Prodigy, or The Chemical Brothers? Originally I'd held out hope for Massive Attack, but Mad Cool has eliminated that possibility.

The Chemical Brothers are currently in the studio gearing up for a new LP, and Orbital have reunited to great acclaim. As far as I know, none of these are officially impossibilities right now.

8 minutes ago, tspedrick said:

Hi guys, from western Canada!

New to the forum, started lurking a few weeks ago. I attended Prima in 2015 and 2016, and am planning to go this year. Took last year off to try my hand at Glastonbury (it went very well!)

Has anyone considered the seemingly very-real possibility of Orbital, Leftfield (possibly performing "Leftism" in its entirety, like Underworld in 2015), The Prodigy, or The Chemical Brothers? Originally I'd held out hope for Massive Attack, but Mad Cool has eliminated that possibility.

The Chemical Brothers are currently in the studio gearing up for a new LP, and Orbital have reunited to great acclaim. As far as I know, none of these are officially impossibilities right now.

I'd say the only option with real possibilities is Orbital. The Prodigy are too far from PS style and ChemBros already playing two festivals in Spain this summer. 

25 minutes ago, tspedrick said:

I was thinking this, and would love them to play, fit that Moderat slot from last year nicely

13 hours ago, xxialac said:

It's a very well put together website that implies they have a deep engagement with the sector and it would be a very odd thing to invent. Bjork and Beck playing on the same day is hardly scoop of the century.

http://www.passtheaux.co/

Hello,

I run Pass The Aux. I have a number of sources in the festival scene, some of which confirmed Twenty-one Pilots headlining Hangout and Phoenix headlining Shaky Knees last year months before the lineups drop. I've been wrong very few times.

Edited by passtheauxco
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, passtheauxco said:

Hello,

I run Pass The Aux. I have a number of sources in the festival scene, some of which confirmed Twenty-one Pilots headlining Hangout and Phoenix headlining Shaky Knees last year months before the lineups drop. I've been wrong very few times.

It’s lucky I said good things about your website then!

33 minutes ago, passtheauxco said:

Hello,

So Beck finally playing, good info mate! Do you know anything else? Kendrick? AM? Lorde? Some unexpected reunion? 

1 hour ago, passtheauxco said:

Hello,

So give us a name that we don´t know because we were all expecting Beck and Bjork, any unexpeceted thing like? Anything with Kendrick or Lorde, or Arctic Monkeys or anything like that? Because it´s easy to talk about Bjork and Beck when there is like 80% of chance of them playing 

17 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

So give us a name that we don´t know because we were all expecting Beck and Bjork, any unexpeceted thing like? Anything with Kendrick or Lorde, or Arctic Monkeys or anything like that? Because it´s easy to talk about Bjork and Beck when there is like 80% of chance of them playing 

each of those names would be just as unsurprising

20 minutes ago, fartnugget said:

each of those names would be just as unsurprising

yeah but none of you knows weather they´ll be at PS or not, it´s easy to predict Beck, Bjork, National, Nick Cave because they are all touring near Barcelona at that time, Kendrick has no European date this summer, neither Arctic Monkeys and nobody said anything about Lorde, just because she´s touring Russia some days later earlier doesn´t mean she´ll be at Primavera

Edited by maksym26

It bothers me a lot the video they released with people reacting to the lineup, the reactions of the people are totally misleading...

when you try to put the realistic line up that the festival can have it comes out solid but nothing mind-blowing. Either there is some big name not revealed on other festivals or having bjork, the national, Kendrick... does not justify those reactions 

Edited by Parcas