Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Chopman said:

I'd probably call spiritualized in the auditorium the classic album performance. Every man and his dog queuing up for that on Wednesday

I don’t follow the logic here at all. And half the people in the Forum will be ticketless and won’t be allowed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Unless you are completely desperate to see the band, I wouldn't bother with the extra stress of getting tickets. Time in the queue is time that could be spent doing other fun stuff and the hidden stage bands will inevitably clash with loads of other good bands.

Seconded. I got Hidden Stage tickets one time, for Bob Mould doing a solo set, and since I had queued I figured I'd get a ticket for the other band, who I didn't know, and who shall remain nameless. Bob was great as always, and a couple of hours later I went back for the second band, who kept everyone waiting for more than 20 minutes before they made their entitled way onto the stage. And they were crap. Complete waste of time, lesson learned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chopman said:

I'd probably call spiritualized in the auditorium the classic album performance. Every man and his dog queuing up for that on Wednesday

It's not ladies and gents . Played twice in scandi end of last year with this set up and set was career spanning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, daveje said:

who I didn't know, and who shall remain nameless

Oh you mean Cat´s Eyes? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, puckno said:

Oh you mean Cat´s Eyes? :lol:

I've not heard their recent stuff but I really liked their debut and Rachel Zeffira's solo album was good too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, daveje said:

Seconded. I got Hidden Stage tickets one time, for Bob Mould doing a solo set, and since I had queued I figured I'd get a ticket for the other band, who I didn't know, and who shall remain nameless. Bob was great as always, and a couple of hours later I went back for the second band, who kept everyone waiting for more than 20 minutes before they made their entitled way onto the stage. And they were crap. Complete waste of time, lesson learned!

Thanks for the replies, it must be some band that I am willing to see in a sort of desperate way :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed a nice little Primavera shaped hole in The The's European tour schedule... now that would really ice the cake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

It's not ladies and gents . Played twice in scandi end of last year with this set up and set was career spanning

Oh right fair play, thought I read it was ladies and gentlemen somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clakus said:

Noticed a nice little Primavera shaped hole in The The's European tour schedule... now that would really ice the cake

They're free on the 31st so could technically play Unexpected.

Seems very unlikely but agree would be a brilliant add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Can't site the source but Ezra Furman is about to postpone some UK dates.. Hopefully, he doesn't drop out, but it doesn't look good. 

Really? I have tickets to see him in Brixton.

Just checked on contingency gigs and Car Seat Headrest and Phoebe Bridgers are both sold out too.

Edited by tjrant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Can't site the source but Ezra Furman is about to postpone some UK dates.. Hopefully, he doesn't drop out, but it doesn't look good. 

Could it be poor sales? Albert hall not sold out in mcr. He Tours an awful lot, demand could subside? Think the new one is comfortably worse than the last two also. Maybe booked big venues and not had the momentum expected?

Just speculating of course I don't have any info that your source might.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Could it be poor sales? Albert hall not sold out in mcr. He Tours an awful lot, demand could subside? Think the new one is comfortably worse than the last two also. Maybe booked big venues and not had the momentum expected?

Just speculating of course I don't have any info that your source might.

The rumours are sadly true!

 

They are rescheduling the London date due to a 'family matter'...

 

Not sure about PS yet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arctic Monkeys just had their first concert after 4 years in San Diego, California. Three of the songs from the new album had their live debut yesterday as well. You can watch a fan-recorded livestream audio/video from instagram: https://www.instagram.com/strangedaysindeed/ from app or from youtube: https://youtu.be/1H6-q59gZ44

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Arctic Monkeys just had their first concert after 4 years in San Diego, California. Three of the songs from the new album had their live debut yesterday as well. You can watch a fan-recorded livestream audio/video from instagram: https://www.instagram.com/strangedaysindeed/ from app or from youtube: https://youtu.be/1H6-q59gZ44

 

Thanks for that. Some better recordings up now too.

 

 

Edited by OneLittleFish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly don't know what I think of it. 'You're so Dark' feels a bit pointless seeing as how we've got the real, better Nick Cave on the bill already.

 

It'll either be a really interesting set or massively boring. Don't want to put my money on which one untill the new album comes out tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, OneLittleFish said:

It'll either be a really interesting set or massively boring. Don't want to put my money on which one untill the new album comes out tbh.

I agree. Based on the previous times I’ve seen them I’m leaning towards the latter but the talk of the new album being so different is making want to give them another go live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree. Based on the previous times I’ve seen them I’m leaning towards the latter but the talk of the new album being so different is making want to give them another go live.

I've seen them twice - first time they were brilliant, much less so the second time.

 

It'll depend on who else is playing at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OneLittleFish said:

I've seen them twice - first time they were brilliant, much less so the second time.

 

It'll depend on who else is playing at the same time.

I'm thinking of giving their new album a swerve altogether before seeing them at primavera, it might make their set a bit more engaging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...