Primavera 2018

Runnerups

44 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Arguments in favour of McCartney: That Beatles thing is extremely subtle but definitely there - it looks like Beatles on the Porto design too. He's toured recently.

Arguments against: How do you keep the lid on a secret like that? Not a normal Primavera booking (but what organiser wouldn't like the ego fix of booking a Beatle?).

On balance he's not playing. But that beatles design is no coincidence and is designed to mess with our heads. There's even a beatle in the video! 

I think the beetle in the video is just a tie in to the poster artwork and the video campaign.

33 minutes ago, Orens said:

Promoting his new movie during PS. 

I also think this is VERY likely he will play now... Especially if the movie premieres in the UK.

Edited by boaboaboa

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Looks extremely believable. 

Can see Primavera getting all of the top 3 lines and half of the rest.

Good times ahead!

Phoenix are playing Low and The Jesus & Mary Chain are playing Tomavistas, exclusive I believe, so unlikely. 

Someone here asked for Dead Cross. 

I'm happy Oh Sees aren't there because I want them to play both the Forum and Sala Apolo on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Phoenix are playing Low and The Jesus & Mary Chain are playing Tomavistas, exclusive I believe, so unlikely. 

I'm happy Oh Sees aren't there because I want them to play both the Forum and Sala Apolo on Sunday. 

Thanks for setting the record straight @Orens.

8 minutes ago, Orens said:

Are Oh Sees in Europe? 

Surprising that TINALS don’t have PiL playing, given the fact they’re in London that weekend. 

Edited by sgreen7643

26 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Are Oh Sees in Europe? 

Surprising that TINALS don’t have PiL playing, given the fact they’re in London that weekend. 

They are PS regulars, playing Boston Calling on Saturday, May 27th. In 2016 they played US on Tuesday and Saturday (Houston and somewhere in East US, I forgot where). They squeezed PS on the Thursday, but clashed with LCD Soundsystem. 

Edited by Orens

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Wonder who APE are holding back then for the 1st June. Could be someone who needs to be announced after/alongside Primavera surely?

Perhaps, but who knows at this point? 

Don't sleep on Chance the Rapper, he might be releasing his debut album in 2018. The previous three were all mixtapes! 

Paul McCartney has a new album in the works for 2018, at a christmas Q&A he was quoted "I’ll probably be putting out a new album. So, I’d like that to be something I really love and then hopefully the fans will love it too! We’re putting the finishing touches to it now and at the beginning of next year. "  Well, if he want to do an arcade fire style of release at Primavera he is most welcome I would say...

4 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

D Arcy confirmed she won't be part of the smashing pumpkins . She said they are touring the summer. 

My guess Iha leaves APC and tours with pumpkins

I'm gonna say they are on the lineup 

No chance Iha abandons band in the middle of a tour. After June 14 anything is possible but won't be in time for Primavera.