Primavera 2018

Runnerups

11 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

I guess we'll see what next week brings in regards to line-up announcements with other festivals, exciting times.

What's that festival that announces on Monday? Looks like there'll be no correlation between the two now?

St. Gallen Open Air. Probably some shared acts, but not the biggest surprises. Maybe a headliner and some smaller acts?

Edit: Having a quick looking at 2017, not much in common, at least not in the big names. But St. Gallen is a month later, got confused here. Sziget even much later, so not that useful.

Edited by StupidDream

3 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

I guess we'll see what next week brings in regards to line-up announcements with other festivals, exciting times.

What's that festival that announces on Monday? Looks like there'll be no correlation between the two now?

open air st gallen and sziget will announce.

I think Field Day will probably pump out a few names before the 29th which might help a bit with the guessing game. Incidentally I'm not sure if Field Day can survive the arrival of APE. Might be their last year if ticket sales are underwhelming.

Edited by xxialac

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think Field Day will probably pump out a few names before the 29th which might help a bit with the guessing game. Incidentally I'm not sure if Field Day can survive the arrival of APE. Might be their last year if ticket sales are underwhelming.

Not sure ticket sales for APE have been great. I think Londoners generally are saturated with corporate day festivals that offer such poor value for money and such poor sound quality. I certainly am anyway!

6 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Not sure ticket sales for APE have been great. I think Londoners generally are saturated with corporate day festivals that offer such poor value for money and such poor sound quality. I certainly am anyway!

I agree on sound quality (though I don't think the average punter gives any thought to that) but the value for money seems fair to me at least for the ticket.

e.g. I'd rather pay £59+booking for Nick Cave, Patti Smith, St Vincent, Courtney Barnett plus others over 8 hours rather than the same cost to see Nick Cave and no support at the O2.

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

open air st gallen and sziget will announce.

Also Flow festival on Monday.

TINALS (southern France on PS weekend) always shares a good chunk of the lineup, shares its poster on Tuesday at 11AM UK Time.

Download UK, on the Primavera NOS weekend, also shares on Tuesday, 7PM UK time. It should be a good opportunity to check on touring metal bands that might fit with PS.

There probably will be plenty of other festivals throughout the week, keeping tabs with Field Day, We Love Green and obviously APE, haven't heard anything about their Friday headliner

I'll do my best to keep you all posted if anything relevant pops up.

Is there any info about AM announcing tour next week? I've read it many times but i can't find it anywhere. 

From the 29th prices will be 215 eu (mad cool has sold all of his weekend tickets for less than 180 and there's a lot of big names) so PS must have some big names that we are not expecting.