Just now, Lars Vader said:

Ride vs. Thundercat 🙁

Seriously,

I was praying whatever was announced in that slot would be missable but Ride is a big announcement for me.

The two stages are literally one minute from each other so maybe half and half.

18 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Her Primavera set is a bit longer, don't know if that means she'll play a few more older songs or not. 

Was at Bjork last night.

The Utopia songs were dramatically less good than the older couple of classics she played. As a result large parts of the show were a chore. Shame as the staging was good.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Amaia & The Freefall Band announced for the Hidden Stage on Thursday.

All these weeks of waiting for a nobody who sang at Eurovision? (and Ride, quite good admittedly)

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

Represented Spain at the Eurovision a few weeks ago. Are Primavera trolling us?

well they have Migos headlining, so yes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

What hurts is no Rodriguez who had been strongly rumoured, who cancelled a few years ago and had the right alphabetical initial.

• Like 1

At the airport waiting to fly out and a little more excited than I should be 😄 First time I've been abroad in thirteen years on a plane as I used to be afraid of flying but worked on it for a while.

Someone get a pint of anything ready in Barcelona for me!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The only Ride song I know is Twisterella, will I be missing out if I miss them?

Also just noticed Car Seat Headrest and Lift To Experience clash, and one is at mordor. Obvz more likely to see CSH again so picking Lift To Experience but its annoying

Edited by alansdeepbath

12 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Also just noticed Car Seat Headrest and Lift To Experience clash, and one is at mordor. Obvz more likely to see CSH again so picking Lift To Experience but its annoying

No contest. CSH is fun, but Lift To Experience is going to be transcendental.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Was at Bjork last night.

The Utopia songs were dramatically less good than the older couple of classics she played. As a result large parts of the show were a chore. Shame as the staging was good.

I thought it was beautiful, not as good as the Biophillia show at Bestival but very good. 

I’m not that hung up on her playing the classics, maybe because I’m not sure what counts as a Bjork Classic. Birthday? Venus as a Boy?  

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

All these weeks of waiting for a nobody who sang at Eurovision? (and Ride, quite good admittedly)

ABBA sang at Eurovision. I’d trot out to Mordor if they played. 

44 minutes ago, Declan said:

ABBA sang at Eurovision. I’d trot out to Mordor if they played. 

Ok, only 99 out of 100 Eurovision Song contest entrants are rubbish so clearly I’m generalising.

Just a heads up that because of the security rules about aerosols and liquid sprays you can only bring cream sun block in.

Might not matter too much in the evening but could catch anyone who's planning a beach day at the Aperol stage for Four Tet presents or anything like that.

1356028383_ScreenShot2018-05-28at17_41_22.png.78afea69b41dceb4ca91c4220acaf1cb.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/26/2018 at 7:16 PM, Hip Priest said:

We will only know the fixtures for 2/3 June on Monday after this weekend's games. I'll put a message up here as it seems there may be one or two interested. We do know that Barcelona B - Zaragoza is Saturday 8.30pm so we can forget about that.

Off topic (football)

Slim pickings for football nerds, I'm afraid. As far as I can see, the only game on in the Barcelona area is Terrassa vs Compostela on the Sunday at 6pm. The town is a 40 minute train ride from Pl. Catalunya, don't think I'll bother. I was hoping for Sant Andreu to be at home but they're away.

2 hours ago, alansdeepbath said:

The only Ride song I know is Twisterella, will I be missing out if I miss them?

I am thinking of seeing Car Seat Headrest and then should be possible to catch last half hour of Lift to Experience. So only a partial clash but still annoying of course. 

Ride is great news! Turning out to be such a great lineup, a lot stronger than last year for my taste. 

Apologies if this has been asked before.. what's the deal with Hidden, just turn up like any other stage or do you need something besides the wristband to get in?..

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Apologies if this has been asked before.. what's the deal with Hidden, just turn up like any other stage or do you need something besides the wristband to get in?..

Just turn up this year :)

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but looking at the Sunday line-up, what does it mean where it just says "Barcelona" for the stage/venue? Is the festival area closed on Sunday?

Cheers

i need a recommendation - any tapas bars near Pl. Catalunya good for a female going solo? i need something bustling, hopefully full of Primavera crowd, so i can easliy blend in :D